The waffle is the most versatile "breakfast" food

jsharr

I am sure you are correct as always but, I'm not a huge fan of affles.  If that's all there is - some butter and maple syrup is OK.  

My partial list in priority:

1 - French toast

2 - French toast

3 - French toast

4 - Breakfast burrito

5 - Pancakes

6 - Affles

That leaves more for you - enjoy.

18 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I am sure you are correct as always but, I'm not a huge fan of affles.  If that's all there is - some butter and maple syrup is OK.  

My partial list in priority:

1 - French toast   wrong

2 - French toast   Also Wrong

3 - French toast  Still quite wrong

4 - Breakfast burrito Incorrect, but only slightly so

5 - Pancakes This is the waffles ugly cousin and wrong.

6 - Waffles  Correct

That leaves more for you - enjoy.

Also, I did not ask what your favorite was, I asked you to prove me wrong about the versatility of the waffle.  It can be eaten plain, or topped with an endless variety of things from chicken wings to onion strings.

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Also, I did not ask what your favorite was, I asked you to prove me wrong about the versatility of the waffle.  It can be eaten plain, or topped with an endless variety of things from chicken wings to onion strings.

If left in the affle maker an extra 30 seconds it can be used as a weapon.

image.png.a29f82e9293686b5654495e911b9fc73.png

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Change my mind.

The egg is the most versatile "breakfast" food. It can be the main course at breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It can be mixed with a fruit juice and sugar to make a curd.  An egg can be thrown at your nemesis or boiled, chopped up and mixed with mayo to make a wonder sandwich spread.

Waffles dream of possessing the versatility that an egg has.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

The egg is the most versatile "breakfast" food. It can be the main course at breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It can be mixed with a fruit juice and sugar to make a curd.  An egg can be thrown at your nemesis or boiled, chopped up and mixed with mayo to make a wonder sandwich spread.

And there you have it.  The winner.

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

You do not have to tread lightly around waffles.  Eggs on the other hand are fragile and must be treated with care.  Eggs are quite good and go well with waffles.   They are second only to waffles in their versatility.  

Just now, jsharr said:

You do not have to tread lightly around waffles.  Eggs on the other hand are fragile and must be treated with care.  Eggs are quite good and go well with waffles.   They are second only to waffles in their versatility.  

Very poor comeback.  Silly nailed it.

And did he mention that you use eggs to make French toast.  YES.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You can't make good waffles without a couple eggs.

There are so many things to do with eggs: hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, over easy, over easy, over medium, scrambled alone, scrambled or country omelette (large curd) or  French omelette (small curd by constant whisking) with your choice of cheese, bacon, sausage, ham, steak, salsa, onions, green peppers, etc. You can also get them in breakfast bowls, croissant, muffin, and biscuit sandwiches, plus the newer "Eggwich" from Jimmy Dean with egg in place of bread.

There's also Quiche, French toast, Egg and Sausage casseroles, Frittatas, Eggs in the Hole (over easy in a middle-of-toast hole), Eggs in Stuffed Bell Peppers and lots of egg/veggie/meat combinations.

Then there is the fancy stuff like my favorite egg breakfast: Eggs Benedict. I don't know much about Delmonico's Restaurant or it's regular customers Mr. & Mrs. LeGrand Benedict, but high praise for the chef who added the Hollandaise Sauce!

Then there are all the ethnic egg dishes: egg burritos and quesadillas, Polish potato pancake and egg and kielbasa, etc.