Square Wheels Cycling

I’m speechless

I just read about the bakery that made these delicious treats. It’s called the Hearts and Flour Bakery. Delicious sweet gifts baked and packaged by adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. That is so cool. The brochure introduced some of their bakers. A man named Adam with Down’s syndrome. These people have a special place in my heart. The place is Misericordia Heart of Mercy in Chicago. They have over eighty people working the bakery. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Awesome 1

Sounds Yummy...and I don't have to rush into making another batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies...but tell Esther it is in my plans!!

That bakery sounds great!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

This forum can be full of silliness sometimes, but I love the genuine caring we find here too.  But did you ever get the supplies you were expecting?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
44 minutes ago, Kirby said:

This forum can be full of silliness sometimes, but I love the genuine caring we find here too.  But did you ever get the supplies you were expecting?

They didn’t come today. She has enough of the drugs for two weeks. The only thing we are out of is the disposable bed pads. I have a couple washable ones I can use. She actually could get by without them, they are just a safety pad in case I have trouble with the bedpan. I’m pretty good with it and I have three different kinds and found out what works for us. I never thought I be discussing bedpans but you do what you have to do for someone you love.:wub:

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
Just now, az_cyclist said:

Kudos to those that sent the care package!

This.  Whoever did this, thank you.

• Like 1

It made me happy to see Esther enjoying the cookies.  I wish I could take credit for sending them but, like Aire, I'm one of the forum jerks.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This.  Whoever did this, thank you.

It wasn’t me, but I wish it was.  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

It made me happy to see Esther enjoying the cookies.  I wish I could take credit for sending them but, like Aire, I'm one of the forum jerks.

I am a bigger jerk than you.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It wasn’t me, but I wish it was.  

This.  Kudos to whomever looked after this.  You people are amazing

• Like 2

So who is our Chicago/Evanston area member?  My memory is failing me on that one.

32 minutes ago, Indy said:

So who is our Chicago/Evanston area member?  My memory is failing me on that one.

It's ok. The bakery has online ordering and will ship anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Thanks to Saint Whoever here for making some of us look good.

John, you're an inspiration.  I do hope that if I'm ever in your shoes I can display the same grace as you.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Airehead said:

John, I hope you know that we care about you.  Ps—I had nothing to do with this. I am not that nice. 

19 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Like air,  I was not one.

18 hours ago, jsharr said:

Do not try to pin this on me.  Some cool peeps up in here.

Who? I am very disappointed I could not contribute. I most certainly would have. Whoever did this please PM me.

Note to John:  It was not me