TIB

Gump

5 hours ago, Zackny said:

Had to go to Utica this afternoon for a Dr. appointment. Decided to stop at the bike shop afterwards. They also sell Ccc skis. My skis are 30+ years old. They had all their ski gear 40% off. Guess who got a whole new ski package? Have to sneak out of the office tomorrow and break them in?

Spill. What did you get?

Thinking about new alpine touring skis myself.

4 hours ago, dennis said:

Spill. What did you get?

Thinking about new alpine touring skis myself.

Fisher Outback 68’s and Trac 5 boots, new poles and bindings. This replaces my 30+ year old Karhu’s. 

1 hour ago, Further said:

Did you get them at Dick Sonne's shop ?

I bought a lot of bicycles & camping gear there when I was a teenager.

I did. We bought our bikes there but now they no longer deal in Trek. There is a Trek superstore just around the corner. I’m still thinking about a new bike, either a Trek Domane or a Specialized Venge. Sobbed deals Specialized and if I stick with Trek I will get it from Ted’s shop in Inlet. 

13 hours ago, Zackny said:

Had to go to Utica this afternoon for a Dr. appointment. Decided to stop at the bike shop afterwards. They also sell Ccc skis. My skis are 30+ years old. They had all their ski gear 40% off. Guess who got a whole new ski package? Have to sneak out of the office tomorrow and break them in?

So by "break them in" do you just mean get out on them?  Or is there an actual break in period?  What are skis even made of these days?  Em's softball bats have to be broken in.  They are all made of carbon composite material.  If you get about 200+ hits on them it weakens the carbon slightly and produces more a of a "trampoline effect" giving you a hotter bat that the balls just jump off of.  

10 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

So by "break them in" do you just mean get out on them?  Or is there an actual break in period?  What are skis even made of these days?  Em's softball bats have to be broken in.  They are all made of carbon composite material.  If you get about 200+ hits on them it weakens the carbon slightly and produces more a of a "trampoline effect" giving you a hotter bat that the balls just jump off of.  

Just get out on them.  Gotta scratch em sooner or later. Not exactly sure what today’s skis are made from. I would guess some type of plastic composite. These have a full metal edge which I like for our conditions and the type of skiing we do. It makes for easier turning which is helpful in the glades.

https://www.gearx.com/blog/knowledge/skiing/ski-construction/

• Heart 1