The best deal in America

Ralphie

With a nod to Robert Stack and AAA Municipal Bonds, I say is is the $2 Frosty keychain tag at Wendy's, which both supports adoption and buys you unlimited Junior Frosties (with purchase) for a year. :D  What a deal!

They are nice and small so not completely fattening like it would be if you bought a regular one instead, and are a nice Happy Ending to a meal, so to speak (Friendly's Happy Endings were similar, cheaper smaller sundaes - I haven;t eaten in Friendly's since the kids grew up though!).  I thought the deal was gone until I saw the sign recently.  The price did go up from $1 to $2, but I can deal with that.  :D

And not everyone knows they have vanilla also. :)

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I always liked when we would take the little readhead to lunch on Sundays she would always ask if we could go to Wendy’s. Their food seems better to me than the other hamburger joints and they have frostys. Big red likes to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, I like that too but it’s always noisy and it costs three times as much as Wendy’s. I haven’t ate out anywhere since my wife got out of the hospital.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, Further said:

Pizza joint over the hill has an order of 5 jalapeno poppers for less than 5.00. An order is a meal for me. I try not to have them very often though. 

Cheese-stuffed serranos are a nice smaller version, that I once made without the breading.  Pretty labor-intensive though since they are so small.  

13 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I say is is the $2 Frosty keychain tag at Wendy's, which both supports adoption 

I love the way Wendy’s has always supported adoption. I know a bunch of adopted people that have incredible lives. Kids need a forever home where they are shown tons of love.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just down the street from Wendys is 5 Guys, which is twice as good.

If you go the other way, there is Kobe, which has Kobe burgers (don't ask).

I used to be nuts for Elevation burger, but their meat isn't as good as it was. It's on a par with 5 Guys, but they lack the brio that 5 Guys brings to the occasion.

19 minutes ago, late said:

Just down the street from Wendys is 5 Guys, which is twice as good.

If you go the other way, there is Kobe, which has Kobe burgers (don't ask).

I used to be nuts for Elevation burger, but their meat isn't as good as it was. It's on a par with 5 Guys, but they lack the brio that 5 Guys brings to the occasion.

Looks like you are 'bragging' again. You go with what you got.  I doubt that Kobe burgers are from Kobe beef, but one never knows.  Seems like those would be expensive, just like the steaks.

So, a $2 donation gets someone a YEAR LONG supply of FREE Junior Frosties?  No other purchase required? Just a show your keyfob/tag, and BOOM! - free Jr Frosty?

EDIT - (with purchase)!  Got it :(

That was a good deal, until I realized I don't eat at Wendy's :(

But if I did, this is a great deal and a good cause.  Gotta like that sort of thing.

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Looks like you are 'bragging' again. You go with what you got.  I doubt that Kobe burgers are from Kobe beef, but one never knows.  Seems like those would be expensive, just like the steaks.

You're right. Most of the Kobe is a hybrid of Kobe and something else.

9 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Cheese-stuffed serranos are a nice smaller version, that I once made without the breading.  Pretty labor-intensive though since they are so small.  

When I have a modicum of ambition I like to make stuffed jalapenos. 

Split the peppers lenthways, your choice on how much heat to leave in...

a spoonful of salsa, cream cheese, shredded cheddar or whatever ya like

top with panko bread crumbs mixed with egg

bake @ 350 or so till the peppers are tender and the topping crispy 

• Heart 1