Target oops

dinneR

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/28681411/target-apologizes-selling-minnesota-badgers-onesies

image.thumb.png.71dd4e336b1dc03c47ccd6edc95d80b2.png

MINNEAPOLIS -- Target admits a onesie it carried in some stores misidentified the mascot for the largest university in its home state.

The Minneapolis-based retail giant apologized to University of Minnesota Golden Gophers fans Tuesday for carrying a maroon onesie with the words "Minnesota Badgers,'' the nickname of Big Ten rival Wisconsin.

The fan website GopherHole.com tweeted a photo from a woman who noticed the onesies while shopping Sunday at a Target in Minneapolis.

Target apologizes for this Minnesota Badgers onesie -> https://t.co/Nsa7nak3sB#Gophers #Badgers pic.twitter.com/Vulxi0p7kr

— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) February 11, 2020

"Color us red,'' Target said in a statement. "As a Minnesota-based company, we know we are home to the Gophers."

Kileigh Carpenter, a former University of Minnesota employee who spotted the onesie, told the Star Tribune she was "happy to see both fan bases unite."

The onesies were available at four Minneapolis-area stores. Target said two were purchased and the remaining 22 were returned to the vendor.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I don't know, Gophers are just strange for a mascot no matter who you are.

Yeah, but these gophers are golden.

My mascot is an "Aggie"  and our cheerleaders are all guys dressed like the Good Humor man.  A gopher of any color does not sound that bad to me.

Image result for aggie yell leaders

• Heart 1