Hey PZ!

Razors Edge

52 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’ve not ridden it, it’s not a part of town that I ride in, and I don’t do the dirty dozen due to the chaos it is. But I have driven it. Both up and down. But not in the snow. It’s crazy because you can’t see where you are going it is so steep. It’s like being on a roller coaster... in your car.

We have a street like that in Laguna Beach.  It’s a short connector road between two larger streets that goes right up a hill.  It’s so steep you can’t see oncoming traffic as your hood is blocking your view.  Once you crest the hill it levels off and you can see again.

I drove up it once as my daughter played a game near there and said F that I’ll go another way next time...

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’ve not ridden it, it’s not a part of town that I ride in, and I don’t do the dirty dozen due to the chaos it is. But I have driven it. Both up and down. But not in the snow. It’s crazy because you can’t see where you are going it is so steep. It’s like being on a roller coaster... in your car.

So, how about giving it a whirl this weekend (a three day HOLIDAY weekend at that!) and let us know how it goes?  Looks like it's little chainring, but out of the saddle with a fine balance between weight distribution front vs rear.  I'd like to hear a real world successful strategy.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

So, how about giving it a whirl this weekend (a three day HOLIDAY weekend at that!) and let us know how it goes?  Looks like it's little chainring, but out of the saddle with a fine balance between weight distribution front vs rear.  I'd like to hear a real world successful strategy.

I’d tackle it on my fixie, but I don’t have the Monday holiday. :biker: