I'm learning to cook

maddmaxx

Eldest son is a foodie who lives in China and just makes stuff up on the fly.  So I asked how to make a goo lo Mein. 

Lots of butter in my copper non stick.  Carelemized onions to fry up a couple of chicken thighs.  Chopped carrots, asparagus, broccoli, peppers.  Stir and keep stirring.  Lo Mien noodles boiled for about 4 minutes and thrown on top of everything in the pan.  Stir and keep stirring like crazy.  Spice to your taste with soy sauce, salt, pepper

It was really good and not that much like what comes from the restaurant in the center of town.

In his room at school he only has a hot plate so much of what he cooks for himself is some sort of vegetable stir fry.  On the other hand he gets to eat out often as the food is very cheap inexpensive.

• Heart 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 4:53 PM, maddmaxx said:

Eldest son is a foodie who lives in China and just makes stuff up on the fly.  So I asked how to make a goo lo Mein. 

Lots of butter in my copper non stick.  Carelemized onions to fry up a couple of chicken thighs.  Chopped carrots, asparagus, broccoli, peppers.  Stir and keep stirring.  Lo Mien noodles boiled for about 4 minutes and thrown on top of everything in the pan.  Stir and keep stirring like crazy.  Spice to your taste with soy sauce, salt, pepper

It was really good and not that much like what comes from the restaurant in the center of town.

In his room at school he only has a hot plate so much of what he cooks for himself is some sort of vegetable stir fry.  On the other hand he gets to eat out often as the food is very cheap inexpensive.

I guess  you wouldn't use a small amount of light oil for the stir fry?  No, I don't do stir fries with butter. I do put a little of water to prevent burning.

I use sunflower oil.

It's always good to find a home dish you enjoy making.