Postcards needed

Airehead

If you feel moved, I would love to have your help. These are some of our older students at special olympics bowling. They play hard. Now I want them to work hard.
Many of you know that I have the honor of leading a program that educates children and youth with significant diablities.  They are amazing and so are our staff.  The older kids are working on a very cool geography project and are trying to collect post cards from around the United States, Canada, and indeed the world.  I'd be thankful if you would help.
Postcards From Pals Project
Students have been busy learning about Geography and Maps.  Occupational Therapist, Daniele, will be using postcards as the medium to conduct a fun, hands-on activity with students to help bring this unit to life.  The postcards received will be used to help tie various destinations together and integrate learning of this unit. 

“Friends and family can live close by or far away. One way to keep in touch with other people is to send postcards! Whether you have friends and family that live near or far, ask a loved one to send a postcard to school, so we can plot it onto a world map”. 

Postcards can be mailed to:

Mary Cariola Center  
c/o The Mary Messenger  
101 E. Henrietta Rd   
 Rochester, NY 14620

image.png.b28c6f821c209f09bb8c0df0ab352931.png

• Heart 1

I would have oldest son send you a card from China but at this time he's not going back till it's over.  We're setting up a small place that he can broadcast on line schooling from here.  China's in such bad shape that there's no place he can stay cheaper than here even while having to pay US income taxes this year.

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Can I share this on facebook?  My South African folks might send a card!!

Yes, absolutely. Steal it from my FB PAGE. 

Just now, maddmaxx said:

I would have oldest son send you a card from China but at this time he's not going back till it's over.  We're setting up a small place that he can broadcast on schooling from here.  China's in such bad shape that there's no place he can stay cheaper than here even while having to pay US income taxes this year.

have him send one from his lodging now. A couple kids will be building a graph with distance from Rochester. 

• Heart 1

Do you want it from my actual location ?  I have some postcards from vacations that are from more interesting places than where I live, but the post marks won't be from that location.   Or do you prefer something closer to my town?

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Do you want it from my actual location ?  I have some postcards from vacations that are from more interesting places than where I live, but the post marks won't be from that location.   Or do you prefer something closer to my town?

Definitely one from your town but the others would be cool too. Just don’t go to a bunch of trouble. One is generous. 

Mailed one from work this morning, and nothing attracts the attention of people walking by at work like a postcard in the out box.  Everyone who walked by would notice it and turn their heads to try see it.  I turned it up, so they couldn't see the text or the address, but I could tell some people wanted to turn it over, but were afraid they'd be seen.

• Hugs 1

16 hours ago, Airehead said:

Definitely one from your town but the others would be cool too. Just don’t go to a bunch of trouble. One is generous. 

My home town kinda sucks.  My cow-orker though travels a lot and often brings me back postcards.  I hoping to send a couple of those.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

We were supposed to write something other than the address?  I hope doodles are okay

I don't know.  I just added a sentence because the card was from a place other than my home town.  I just said I had visited there recently.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Kirby said:

Mailed one from work this morning, and nothing attracts the attention of people walking by at work like a postcard in the out box.  Everyone who walked by would notice it and turn their heads to try see it.  I turned it up, so they couldn't see the text or the address, but I could tell some people wanted to turn it over, but were afraid they'd be seen.

Great way to spend the day. I am going to try this. 

5 hours ago, Forum Administrator said:

I hope cards will work ok.  I just dropped two from different cities in Ohio in the mail. 

Perfect. The kids are going to be so excited. 

I stopped at the local drug store that sells postcards, but it has switched its stock to become a Hallmark Gold Store or somesuch thing, which apparently means they can't carry local postcards. I'll try to find one somewhere else, or go with the closest I can find .

• Hugs 1

52 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I stopped at the local drug store that sells postcards, but it has switched its stock to become a Hallmark Gold Store or somesuch thing, which apparently means they can't carry local postcards. I'll try to find one somewhere else, or go with the closest I can find .

Very appreciated but don’t make yourself nuts. 

56 minutes ago, Kirby said:

If you have access to a color printer, pick up some knock-off avery 8315 notecards.  You can get 60 cards and envelopes for about $15. You can make all sorts of personal cards.  I use these all of the time. For this, I found a couple of local photos for the outside and wrote a brief description of each spot inside.  

• Heart 2