Windchill

petitepedal

It was -6 F when I drove to work this morning. Up to 2F now. It was 43 when I left a call yesterday. By the time I went up the hill, it had dropped 5 degrees. 10 by the time I got out of that town and 20 by the time I got back to the office! 
You know it’s cold when exhaust vapor freezes after the car has only sat a couple minutes! 

0806CCDF-A67E-40F0-B124-890E13FF5B21.jpeg

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday it was so cold I had to wear a light jacket from the car into the stores for the first time in while. We're getting a cold spell after a high of 58° today: highs in the 30's for at least a couple days!  I haven't heard anyone complain about the weather in the Baltimore-Washington Area all winter: I've seen no one rushing to get inside a store (except for rain), no rubbing hands together, etc. I'm sure the kids and teachers are disappointed they've gotten no smow days: the stretch from January to Easter seems like such a long stretch without a major break for teachers and kids.

If this keeps up, they'll surely call this, "The Year Without A Winter" in our area.

As someone who loves Daylight Savings Time, I do miss later afternoon sunlight, but that will take care of itself in Maryland and most states in just 24 days on March 8, when we got back to DST.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

As someone who loves Daylight Savings Time, I do miss later afternoon sunlight, but that will take care of itself in Maryland and most states in just 24 days on March 8, when we got back to DST.

You’re retired, you have the same number of hours of sunlight per day no matter what time you call it. Get out there and enjoy it. Set your clocks on daylight savings time and enjoy your afternoon sunshine. If you have doctor appointments look at your phone for the correct time.

our Amish don’t use daylight savings time, I don’t know if all Amish are like that but my neighbors are.

• Heart 2

-7 here this morning with a windchill of -20. We are headed out with some folks from the university this morning, we’ll see how they like the cool weather?

11 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I haven't heard anyone complain about the weather in the Baltimore-Washington Area all winter

You haven't heard my wife complain about the lack of snow, then!  Of course, she is nuts and likes snow since she isn't dealing with the mess it leaves on the roads and trails, and just likes the beauty of it on the trees outside.  She also was hoping for some short day trips/weekend trips to Snowshoe for us to ski, but their winter has been awful.  I tell her to just fly out to CO for a few days and visit our friends to ski, but she seems to think she enjoys it better when I am skiing too.

My younger nieces are also complaining about no snow. They likely enjoy days off from school.

I'm very happy with no snow as long as we get the precipitation we need for the rest of the year.