What drives you nuts?

BR46

32 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Wo46 will leave 2 little squares of toilet paper on the roll instead of changing the roll.

This is no longer a problem if you fill a basket or some such appropriate container with several rolls of TP (as many as possible) and place said container within arms reach of the toilet.  My DIL does this and gave me the idea.  It works great to eliminate the "running out of TP problem" pretty much forever.    :)

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

This is no longer a problem if you fill a basket or some such appropriate container with several rolls of TP (as many as possible) and place said container within arms reach of the toilet.  My DIL does this and gave me the idea.  It works great to eliminate the "running out of TP problem" pretty much forever.    

There's 4 rolls within a arms reach 

I have left 2 squares on the roll knowing that she would be the next person to use the bathroom but it doesn't bother her 

8 minutes ago, BR46 said:

There's 4 rolls within a arms reach 

I have left 2 squares on the roll knowing that she would be the next person to use the bathroom but it doesn't bother her 

Well, if there is TP available, I don't see the problem.  It takes about 30 seconds to change the roll.  I thought you meant she would leave you with just 2 squares and no replacement.  

Plus, if you change it, you get to make sure that the roll is properly positioned.  :) 

• Haha 1

We all have little things. Probably the biggest one is a few years ago she worked for a company with her own office. She had previously always worked in cubicle groups or in retail. Always someone to talk to. During this job, she apparently got in the habit of listening to the radio and singing along. The problem? She now does it all the time! I'm glad she loves music and don't want to discourage that because I do, too. But she is very non-musical. No sense of rhythm or melody. She will sing along off-key and with that musical amnesia where you pick up the lyrics a half-syllable after they are sung on the radio. I never say anything because I don't want her to feel bad. But it sure takes some of the musical enjoyment away for me. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Eating.  Where do you want to eat?  I don't care.  Ahhhh, but you do.

Funny. Years ago, circa 2007 my gf at the time & I were up north on vacation w/ our bikes. Just pulling into town I was a bit hungry, so the conversation went something like this, but not verbatim.

me: I'm kinda hungry, I could go for something small. Have a taste for anything?

her: I'm not hungry, so where ever you want.

me: (see's a subway) I'll go to subway for a 6"

her: I don't want subway

me: :blink:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Funny. Years ago, circa 2007 my gf at the time & I were up north on vacation w/ our bikes. Just pulling into town I was a bit hungry, so the conversation went something like this, but not verbatim.

me: I'm kinda hungry, I could go for something small. Have a taste for anything?

This happens a couple times a week at Casa Kzoo.  Being empty nesters and having busy evenings we get carry out 2 or 3 times a week.  I have learned that she will never want to eat where I suggest and I really don't care where we eat so I just suggest a place knowing she will turn it down on the spot.  Then I rattle off several other places and let her decide.

Last night it was via a text conversation.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Under is ugly.  Either the end is hiding where you have to fumble around to find it or someone leaves a tail of TP down the wall so the end can be seen.  On top, folded neatly, not wrinkled from some sloppy tear off is the proper way.

I'm going to love this thread.  There are so many things that piss me off.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This happens a couple times a week at Casa Kzoo.  Being empty nesters and having busy evenings we get carry out 2 or 3 times a week.  I have learned that she will never want to eat where I suggest and I really don't care where we eat so I just suggest a place knowing she will turn it down on the spot.  Then I rattle off several other places and let her decide.

Last night it was via a text conversation.

I give her two refusals then tell her to decide.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Right??  Exactly my point.

• Heart 1

54 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Or when they plan on eating up your shit but don't tell you.  Look, I will share a meal with you.  I will be happy to.  But don't let me order the quantity that I wish to eat, and then have to fork over half of it to you.  If you plan on eating half of my shit that needs to be made known prior to ordering.  

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Mrs. Silly only does one thing that pisses me off.  I'll be telling her a story and I'll start a sentence then she'll finish it.  Since she is not clairvoyant, she is often wrong so I'll start again and she'll try to end my sentence again and again she'll be wrong so I have to start again.  This can happen 3 or 4 times.  But really this is the only thing she does that drives me nuts.

Oh yeah... there's another thing.  When I am driving, say I am backing up, she'll suddenly gasp like I am about to run over a puppy.  I'll slam on the breaks and she'll point out someone walking 50 feet away who I already knew was there.  But really, these are only the two things she does that drives me nuts.

Oh yeah... there's another thing.  I'll be doing something, say I am taking the trash out.  She'll shout out, "Honey, could you take the trash out!".  But really, these are the only three things she does that drives me nuts.

Oh yeah... there's another thing.  I'll be doing something in the another room, say cleaning the bathroom.  She'll ask me to do something like get her a roll of paper towels so she doesn't have to stop what she is doing.  But really, these are the only four things she does that drives me nuts.

People that spell brakes wrong really chap my goat and get my ass.

• Haha 3

My wife enjoys driving me nuts but in all the best (intimate) ways.  :wub:

There is really nothing she does that irritates me.  One thing thing she does a lot that is actually quite funny is she will be sitting there and having a whole conversation in her head and forgetting thaf none of it was out loud she will suddenly say "So they are giving her a raise and putting an attaboy in her file.'  :blink:

Sometimes I ask who, sometimes I just pretend to know what she is talking about but make stupid comments so she ends up looking at me like I am an idiot.

"How can your mother get a raise again, she's 80 and suffers from dementia?"

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Driving on the interstate through a some state driving home from a race in North Carolina. 

Me...are you hungry?

Her. .yes

Me....what are you hungry for?

Her.....I don't care 

Me....naming the options on the interstate sign for the exit coming up in a mile........we pass the exit.

Her...Cracker Barrel sounds good. 

Me...we passed that exit 2 miles ago 

Her....you want to go back?

Me....no 

Her. ..what are you hungry for 

Me....I'm to the point where I would eat a truck stop hotdog. 15 or 20 miles later she's looking at the interstate signs and can't makeup her mind. So I make a decision and we stop at some fast food place where I can get the truck and trailer in and out easily. 

Her....I'm just going to have a cheese burger. 

Me...anything else

Her...no

So I ordered what I wanted and her cheese burger...and then she ate over half of my frys...WTF ..if you wanted frys why didn't you order fry. 

Her...I wasn't that hungry :facepalm:

• Heart 2

These are pretty funny.  I’ve griped about mine before but it’s that she always wears my hoodies & sweatshirts.  Some may think it’s cute or such but she doesn’t put them back where she got them from. So we go to take the dog out, where’s my hoodie? Oh I left it upstairs...

I have a really comfy company logo’d fleece she wears too. A couple of weeks ago I wore it to work and as I’m in the bathroom I notice dried egg yolk dripping down the front... I keep that fleece in my car now...

I’m sure there is a bunch of stuff that I annoy her with so it’s all good.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The things that drive us nuts, are probably the same things we found endearing in the early relationship.   

We have been putting up with each other coming up on 38 years and I almost got her way thinking figured out. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

We have been putting up with each other coming up on 38 years and I almost got her way thinking figured out. 

And just think, in another 200 years, you may have it completely figured out.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Over, not under.  :D

Whenever I go to someone's house, I always flip their toilet paper around.  It's just one of those little things that brings me pleasure.

Here's what drives me nuts....

I'll be making dinner and just about to put it on the table.  I will ask the family, "What would you like to drink?" Everyone one of them says that they will get it themselves.  Now, as dinner is almost done, I have four additional bodies in front of the refrigerator, sink, cupboards, and everywhere else in the kitchen getting in my way as I am trying to finish dinner.  The reason I ask is because it is so much easier for me to do it than it is to have them "helping."

...and slamming doors. I hate when doors are slammed.

• Haha 1

Packing for a trip. Mrs knows the date and what time (to the minute) we're leaving weeks in advance. So I'll PLEAD with her to pack what she can ahead of time so I can load most of the stuff in the car the night before. That way, when its time to go, we can just load up the doggie and whatever is left and leave on time. But more often then not, she'll realize she forgot something an hour into the trip and I'll get berated for "always rushing her" out the door. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Silly said:

Oh yeah... there's another thing.  When I am driving, say I am backing up, she'll suddenly gasp like I am about to run over a puppy.  I'll slam on the breaks and she'll point out someone walking 50 feet away who I already knew was there.  But really, these are only the two things she does that drives me nuts.

WoW seems to have a different depth perception. The kids have noticed it too. She will tense up and slam on her imaginary brake pedal. Quite often I have already rolled out of the throttle, coasted with my foot over the brake pedal, and already started applying the brakes. I just prefer to do things a little smoother than most. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1