What drives you nuts?

BR46

48 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Packing for a trip. Mrs knows the date and what time (to the minute) we're leaving weeks in advance. So I'll PLEAD with her to pack what she can ahead of time so I can load most of the stuff in the car the night before. That way, when its time to go, we can just load up the doggie and whatever is left and leave on time. But more often then not, she'll realize she forgot something an hour into the trip and I'll get berated for "always rushing her" out the door. :rolleyes:

Wo46 will start packing a week before we leave for a trip.  We have about 6 weeks to our first race in South Carolina and she will start getting all of the race stuff together about 2 weeks before we load up and go.

Oh yeah... there's another thing.  I'll be doing something on the computer, say paying bills.  When I am on the computer, I like the lights low so there is less glare.  Mrs.  Silly will come in the room, turn all the lights on, then ask me a question.  I'll answer it and she'll go and leave all the lights on so I have to get up and turn all the lights back off. But really, these are the only five things she does that drives me nuts.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, groupw said:

WoW seems to have a different depth perception. The kids have noticed it too. She will tense up and slam on her imaginary brake pedal. Quite often I have already rolled out of the throttle, coasted with my foot over the brake pedal, and already started applying the brakes. I just prefer to do things a little smoother than most. 

I do that too!  I love pretending I am a chauffeur. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

The driving comments are awesome!  WOChrisL will make scared noises when I drive but I better keep my mouth shut when she drives.  I also get bitched at if I give her directions AND if I don’t give her directions.  

Honey you need to go left: I KNOW WHERE IM GOING!!! When she misses a turn: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TO TURN!!!!!!  :whistle:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

52 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Before GPS I used paper maps. My wife said she can’t drive in heavy traffic. I tell her to look at the map and see where we are supposed to turn. She says she can’t read a map while we are moving. Her sister is the same way, we do an extra 60 miles to get back to where we needed to turn.

That reminded me…  I fired my wife as our navigator on driving trips back in 1984. 

Just as you explained, before GPS paper maps were the only way to find your way on a road trip.  We took a trip from Illinois to California to go to Disney Land.  Yeah a family vacation.

We got to CA and my wife says, I can navigate and you can just worry about the traffic. She was worried about the traffic.    I agreed, and gave her the map, and the paper book for the hotel.  I explain this is the hotel, and here is the address, just let me know when to turn.

We arrived at the address, I pull over and stop, and ask, so where is the hotel?   My wife; I’m not sure, it should be here.  I had to drive a bit more to find the next ‘big road’ that would be on the map.  That’s when I stopped again, and then took the map.  It took a while, but I found she indeed had the correct street address, but the street (with the same name) was in the wrong city. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We arrived at the address, I pull over and stop, and ask, so where is the hotel?   My wife; I’m not sure, it should be here.  I had to drive a bit more to find the next ‘big road’ that would be on the map.  That’s when I stopped again, and then took the map.  It took a while, but I found she indeed had the correct street address, but the street (with the same name) was in the wrong city.

At least she tried. My wife said “I can’t look at a map while we are moving”.

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

That reminded me…  I fired my wife as our navigator on driving trips back in 1984. 

Just as you explained, before GPS paper maps were the only way to find your way on a road trip.  We took a trip from Illinois to California to go to Disney Land.  Yeah a family vacation.

We got to CA and my wife says, I can navigate and you can just worry about the traffic. She was worried about the traffic.    I agreed, and gave her the map, and the paper book for the hotel.  I explain this is the hotel, and here is the address, just let me know when to turn.

and you fired her for that? That is legit excuse

now *maybe* if she got you into another State she could be fired....maybe...is she hot?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

and you fired her for that? That is legit excuse

now *maybe* if she got you into another State she could be fired....maybe...is she hot?

OK, maybe I drive her nuts…  I have always planned our driving vacations, probably in way too much detail, but that’s what engineers do.  And getting lost is not in the plan.  So yeah, she was fired.  I’m sure she didn’t mind.

But then again, getting lost in some places could be bad.  There are some neighborhoods you don’t want find by mistake.  And there are the people who blindly follow their GPS and get stranded in some mountain pass and freeze to death, etc..  That won't be me.

One of our vacations a few years ago, my wife convinced me, that we don’t need to have hotels planned for each day for the trip around Lake Michigan.    The first night, we almost slept in the car, because several large hotels were 100% full.   We finally found a small place for the night.  Then she suggested I should figure out where we will stay for the next night.  I’d call for the reservations for the next hotel each morning.  So the trip was still rather random to her liking, and we had a place to stay each night.

And she still is hot, we’ve been married 38 years.

• Awesome 2

We all have the little things that drives us nuts but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I know it drives her nuts when I came home with another motorcycle  (like finding a puppy) the I didn't tell her about first.

I'm happy that we are able to poke fun and laugh each other about the little things that drives us nuts. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah... ChrisL's driving comment reminded me of another thing.  Mrs. Silly can not read a map.  She's taken me down so many wrong turns that I can't trust her any more. 

The worst was when we did a driving trip down to Disney.  By that time, I was aware of Mrs. Silly's poor map reading skills so I suggested she stop at AAA (they have an office close to where she works) and get one of those Trip Ticks that map out the entire road trip door to door.  What could go wrong?  Let me tell you.  We get to the end of the trip tick and we're at the Orlando City Hall.  Mrs. Silly got the trip tick to Orlando, not the hotel we were staying at.  You know how many hotels there are in Orlando?  Fortunately we were able to find a Holiday Inn and they were able to look us up on the computer and tell us how to get to the Holiday Inn where we had reservations.

Like I said, I don't trust her with directions anymore.  I don't need to with GPS but she doesn't trust GPS.  She'll print out directions from Google Maps and tell me where to turn.  Google and Android Auto don't always agree though (which is odd because AA used Google Maps).  So she'll tell me were to turn.  If she disagrees with GPS, I just ignore her which can make that portion of the ride a little frosty.  What am I to do?  I want to get to our destination too.

But really, these are the only six things she does that drives me nuts.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

WoW is not great with maps, either. GPS has been a big help. Once in a while I will forget to put the GPS info into my phone before things get busy. I will ask her to get it on her phone and read off the directions. She will tell me my exit will be in 3 3/4 miles, but won't tell me the name of the exit or if I should take the first or 2nd exit until I'm almost on it! The only time it's a big deal is if I'm in a metro area I've never been before. 

15 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I do that too!  I love pretending I am a chauffeur. 

I once read an article where Jackie Stewart said good race drivers would make good limo drivers. The journalist who relayed this said Jackie was driving and said the drive was so pleasant until he looked at the speedometer and realized how fast they were going! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1