Blood Drive ?

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, Old#7 said:

Today at work. I am large and in charge; I am the organizer for my employer. We had 20 donors sign up in advance. My goal was 28 so I sent an email this morning to all employees saying that we are ready for walk ins too. I just came back from the site and the place is buzzing with donors. Yay!

Awesome!  Strong work.  

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Red Cross turned me down Wednesday, my pulse was too low. They called the MD, still no.

Red Cross are poopy heads. We are using INOVA, a local group who supplies the local hospitals. I had the same issue when my pulse was 62. “Are you a runner?” Was the question. “No! Running sucks, I’m a cyclist. 62 is normal”. She said ok and checked a box on the form and took my blood anyway.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Red Cross are poopy heads. We are using INOVA, a local group who supplies the local hospitals. I had the same issue when my pulse was 62. “Are you a runner?” Was the question. “No! Running sucks, I’m a cyclist. 62 is normal”. She said ok and checked a box on the form and took my blood anyway.

62 should NOT be considered low!  Yikes!  I'm sure you and 2Far could do something just prior to the pulse check that would temporarily bump you up to 70+ though????  Avoid the awkward discussion?  Would just moving your legs in a nervous sort of way for a minute or two get the rate up?  I might have to try that with my HR strap on and see.

36 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Yeah, mine was 40.

Happened a coupla donations ago. "Are you a runner/cyclist?" Yes. "Do you take a beta blocker?" Yes. "OK, good to go."

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Giving blood during work hours? It doesn’t get much better than that.

We used to have our blood drives on Friday.  I'd go in the afternoon and pick up a 6 of Bell's Two Heart.  I was trashed after 2 beers.

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

What if it was a black person’s blood? Then you get pregnant and had a little black baby? I told her I like little black babies so no problem. After we adopted our first black son I wished we could have contacted her and told her she was right.

I would have paid good money to witness that.

• Haha 4