Valentine's, Migration, Presidents Day.. Weekend plans

petitepedal

Having a local florist friend make Martha an arrangement based on pink Gladiolas, which is her favorite flower for our 23rd Valeversary.  (Yeah, I was stupid enough to get married on the day after Valentines.)
Going to dinner Saturday night if I do not have to go glamping with the Boy Scouts.  Probably something simple like Fish and Fizz or Flying Fish.
Do a bit of shopping for our younger son to get stuff he needs for a week loing trek on horseback at Philmont Scout Ranch this summer.

• Heart 4

Taking BuffCarla to the Johnny Cash tribute tomorrow night.

Saturday there's a breakfast at church - we're going to stuff our faces then our priest is going to talk about fasting. In the afternoon there's a birdwatching event. I didn't realize that winter in the Niagara River is a world class bird watching area.

https://www.audubon.org/important-bird-areas/niagara-river-corridor

Sunday - chill

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Taking BuffCarla to the Johnny Cash tribute tomorrow night.

Saturday there's a breakfast at church - we're going to stuff our faces then our priest is going to talk about fasting. In the afternoon there's a birdwatching event. I didn't realize that winter in the Niagara River is a world class bird watching area.

https://www.audubon.org/important-bird-areas/niagara-river-corridor

Sunday - chill

Buffalo, where all the birds want to live.

• Hugs 1

I just made a quick grocery run while the aide was with my wife this morning. Filled two shopping carts. When I got home the house was 89°. I was having trouble getting a hot fire going this morning. Evidently it took off while I was gone.

I’m hoping we get visited by some grandkids this weekend. Last week was real hectic with BB games, church meetings, etc.

• Heart 3

Saturday there is a dog sled race at one of our areas that I will go to.

grandkids are coming over later Saturday and staying overnight yay!

after church Sunday we will go skiing.

monday I have a dr appt. early then heading into the central Adirondacks for a ski.

• Heart 2

15 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I just made a quick grocery run while the aide was with my wife this morning. Filled two shopping carts. When I got home the house was 89°. I was having trouble getting a hot fire going this morning. Evidently it took off while I was gone.

I’m hoping we get visited by some grandkids this weekend. Last week was real hectic with BB games, church meetings, etc.

You forgot to show us the receipt 

Whale watching...and hopefully pics to follow.

Never have done it in the past but this time of year whales migrate back north and close to shore. It is kind of hit or miss but if you see a crowd along the shoreline drive (highway A1A), that's a hint. The big issue is also the Daytona 500 with President Trump in attendance. Since the speedway is right where I4 and I95 meet will be taking some backroads that the family took in the late 50's and early 60's between Jacksonville and Central FL (we moved in 1963) before the Interstates were built.

Ideally would like to start at Ormond Beach where the oceanfront drive begins, north to St Augustine, but that is the northern most suburb of Daytona so probably enter mid-point at Flagler Beach - and watch their Facebook page for updates on sightings between Ormond and Flagler.