My review on the Vivo fit

Dirtyhip

Bought with airline miles.  Glad it din't really cost me anything.

Comfort:  Somewhat bulky.  Weird press band thing. I wonder how quick that plastic will wear out. 

Styling:  Looks kind of cool. If anyone is looking for the OCD athletes, is in the crowd, it won't be hard to find us.  I bought the black one to minimize this effect.

You think the idea is kind of cool to track cals, steps and sleep. After application I found that it didn't really motivate me too much.  I don't use the Garmin upload thing too much.  It was interesting to see how well I sleep, but I figured out that I already knew that information.  I know if I got up to pee, or tossed around in my sleep.  It is an unnecessary tool.  Kinda fun as fodder.  Much like the Garmin thing.  It seems that this could be a fad.

I could get the same info with a cheap pedometer and a watch..  Hopefully you can remember if you got up to pee or not.  

Rating:  Meh

<let the parodies begin>

• Heart 1

I'd hope it's better than a cheap pedometer. That's one of the things I really liked about the fitbit. We had a pedometer before (based on reviews and research, I got the best one available at the time), and it was so ridiculously inconsistent it was laughable. I stopped wearing it within a week or two. The fitbit is still holding my interest/attention after 1 1/2 years.

• 7 months later...

Now I've nothing against Dirtyhip at all but ...really...she's doing a review of some techy thingy and she's a woman.:o

Nothing wrong with her being female at all, but every man and his dog knows that the female brain is not equipped to handle anything this complicated and there is something unnatural about this whole business. This should not be interpreted as anti-women, but it remains a scientific fact that the female brain consists of a pink, gooey, amorphous sponge which is primarily designed to pet fluffy kittens and to bake Victoria sponges. 

Going against nature will inevitably bring on earthquakes and lightening storms.

Now I've nothing against Dirtyhip at all but ...really...she's doing a review of some techy thingy and she's a woman.:o

Nothing wrong with her being female at all, but every man and his dog knows that the female brain is not equipped to handle anything this complicated and there is something unnatural about this whole business. This should not be interpreted as anti-women, but it remains a scientific fact that the female brain consists of a pink, gooey, amorphous sponge which is primarily designed to pet fluffy kittens and to bake Victoria sponges. 

Going against nature will inevitably bring on earthquakes and lightening storms.

:angry:

Got one for Christmas. Wife looked at the Fitbit but that didn't come with a HR strap. Vivo does. I use mine. Also don't have to recharge. Battery supposedly lasts a year and the you change it. Also like that feature.