Centigrade or Celsius

Allen

Just now, Rattlecan said:

When I was in school, which was long before Canada switched to the metric system, it was called centigrade. Then when the switch was made, they suddenly started calling it Celsius. I dunno what the difference is and right now I'm too tired to look it up.

We followed ICAO nations in metric standardization.  That is when it changed from Centigrade to Celsius.  The US 

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

When I was in school, which was long before Canada switched to the metric system, it was called centigrade. Then when the switch was made, they suddenly started calling it Celsius. I dunno what the difference is and right now I'm too tired to look it up.

Celcius is a dude, centigrade is the scale IIRC, meaning 100 degrees from freezing to boiling.

It's -5 Celsius.  

When the pizza is baking....it's 400 degrees, according to the oven dial.

I am 5'1" but I keep forgetting my metric height.  I'm around 44+ kg.  But's easier for me to say approx. 97-98 lbs.

Travel anywhere is by km. because by law that's what the road and pathway signs are in CANada.  But expressing size of where I live..is in sq. ft. because a lot of local real estate ads are like that.

I'm not switching to imperial, just because it's for someone else.  I do it ..for myself and whatever is in my living environment. 

Ok shoe size is 6.5 or 7.  Now I can't remember European size which is for cycling shoes.

• Heart 1

Ever since I began to take college science classes in the 60's, I was told it was "Celsius" because any temperature scale could be based on 100 units between two points and call itself a "centigrade" scale.  I thought that was juvenile and nit-picky and never in my teaching career did I care if a kid called it Celsius or Centrigrade.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wait, hell is cold?   Hmm, maybe it won't be so bad. :) 

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

• Haha 1