The adventure begins.

Airehead

I just saw him and had a final planning session with the surgeon. The man is cocky as all get out but I really trust him. He thinks out loud and told us of the three options he considered and why he selected the one he did. They are going to try to get in there between two ribs that are minimally wired.  This will avoid having to cut him open down the front. That is still plan b. It should take around 7 hours but maybe less. A slow surgeon is a careful surgeon. 

32 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm hoping for the best results.  Keep us advised as often as the migration allows.  Take care of yourself as well.  

• Hugs 1

Sending good vibes and prayers to you both.   I like a confident surgeon but he sounds like he's also good at taking the time to explain things to you. 

I think the hospital needs to do a bit of rebranding though.  Basement Waiting Room sounds a little dismal.  They should consider finding a different name. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I just saw him and had a final planning session with the surgeon. The man is cocky as all get out but I really trust him. He thinks out loud and told us of the three options he considered and why he selected the one he did. They are going to try to get in there between two ribs that are minimally wired.  This will avoid having to cut him open down the front. That is still plan b. It should take around 7 hours but maybe less. A slow surgeon is a careful surgeon. 

Sounds like a good thorough surgeon :) My pneumonectomy was 5½ hours.

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I hope you brought your charger or at least a power bank. I’ve come close to running out of power while waiting in surgical waiting rooms. Praying for Mr. A

I brought a juice box and a charging cord. Learned that last time.   A nurse just called up to let me know so far so good. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1

They should  throw some bookcases in the basement room and call it the "Reading Room" or "Library" - it just sounds better.  One hospital waiting room in NYC that I recall had a small window overlooking the entrance to the hospital, and they called it the "courtyard room"

• Heart 1