New Tarrs

Kzoo

13 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Been meaning to replace the tires on the Civic.  Tires had 95k miles on them and still pretty good tread.  This morning I went out to a flat left front.  I filled it with 7*f air and it held for at least an hour.  At noon I filled it again and made the 3 mile drive to Discount Tire.  The nice man said about an hour wait.  I’m waiting with a cheesesteak sandwich.

That’s a lotta miles on tires, musta been an ebonite compound. 

I’ve got +114k miles on the OEM brakes on the truck. 

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Been meaning to replace the tires on the Civic.  Tires had 95k miles on them and still pretty good tread.  This morning I went out to a flat left front.  I filled it with 7*f air and it held for at least an hour.  At noon I filled it again and made the 3 mile drive to Discount Tire.  The nice man said about an hour wait.  I’m waiting with a cheesesteak sandwich.

It's weird but posts like these make me want to get new tires myself.  There's something about new tires that make me feel like I've made a great investment in myself or my wife. I used to try to get a good cheaper tire but these days  I believe in stepping up and getting a higher end one.  They are the only thing keeping us in contact with the road when inside the car.  I figure they're pretty important.  You can pay less for an electric light bulb and replace it more  often, or you can pay more for the LED version, have better light, and replace it less frequently.    Which tire did you get?  The electric light bulb kind or the LED version?

Just now, Dottles said:

It's weird but posts like these make me want to get new tires myself.  There's something about new tires that make me feel like I've made a great investment in myself or wife. I used to try to get a good cheaper tire but these days  I believe in stepping up and getting a higher end one.  They are the only thing keeping us in contact with the road when inside the car.  I figure they're pretty important.  You can pay less for an electric light bulb and replace it more  often, or you can pay more for the LED version, have better light, and replace it less frequently.    Which tire did you get?  The electric light bulb kind or the LED version?

My Civic doesn’t need lightbulbs.

The last time I bought tires was Bridgestone Ecopia for the 6. They were from a local tire store we use for the work cars. He works hard to compete with the big dealers. He knew my tire budget was tight but talked me into upgrading because not only would I get better mileage, but they were far better for road noise- a big factor with the 6. I’ll be darned if I didn’t get about 2 mpg better on the highway with the Ecopias and the tires stayed quiet through their life. I will probably get a set for the CX-5 when the time comes. 

• Heart 2

Just now, groupw said:

The last time I bought tires was Bridgestone Ecopia for the 6. They were from a local tire store we use for the work cars. He works hard to compete with the big dealers. He knew my tire budget was tight but talked me into upgrading because not only would I get better mileage, but they were far better for road noise- a big factor with the 6. I’ll be darned if I didn’t get about 2 mpg better on the highway with the Ecopias and the tires stayed quiet through their life. I will probably get a set for the CX-5 when the time comes. 

Correct. I have made the transition. Hi quality tires are worth it.

34 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Did you take a canine companion on this adventure?

No.  In my Civic he is getting hard to drive with.  He is a big boy.  80 lbs and growing.  He takes up more that the front passenger seat.  It makes seeing to the right difficult.  And then he likes to go back and forth between front and back.  He is a nervous passenger.  Lately I’ve only been taking him to places he needs to go.  We use to go for coffee a few mornings a week.  We haven’t done that in a couple months.