Heading to my dental hygienist office this morning

Dottleshead

22 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's time for a deep cleaning. $1000.

My dentist tells her assistant who cleans the plaque etc. off my teeth to "make it hurt" because my gum line tells her I'm rarely flossing.

I need to start flossing more - I bought those Y-shaped things that hold the floss stetched out but they're still in the unopened package.

15 minutes ago, groupw said:

Dentist offices around here are generally closed on Friday let alone Saturday! Hope you have a happy ending for that price!

My daughter is a Dental Hygienist and works 1/2 day Saturday.  She says it’s her busiest day and it makes sense as most are off weekends.

27 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's time for a deep cleaning. $1000.

And as a PT employee @ 24 hours a week earns $65K a year!  Now you know why it costs so much, hygienists aren’t cheap!

17 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Truth be told it's for two sessions for a complete mouth cleaning.

When my daughter was in dental hygiene school they got their experience working at the VA & homeless shelters.  They would break down the deep cleans into 4 quadrants & do 1  a session as it was so time consuming & tiring.  She says she works in a “bougie” office and her patients are all regulars so no sore hands after a gnarly deep clean.

So consider the welfare of your hygienist next time and don’t put off appointments!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My daughter is a Dental Hygienist and works 1/2 day Saturday.  She says it’s her busiest day and it makes sense as most are off weekends.

I went to a guy in Florida’s who was open until 9 Tuesdays & Thursdays. I asked him how it was going, he said “fully booked and no one ever cancels”. 

• Heart 1