Dear Mr. Texican,

donkpow

On 2/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, donkpow said:

I am replacing the Hi-Tec shoes I bought last year for yard mowing

You have specific shoes for yard mowing?

I always used the 3rd string running shoes. Every time I got a new pair of running kick, the old ones all got knocked down a notch in the hierarchy. After mower duty, they were tossed.

25 minutes ago, 2Far said:

You have specific shoes for yard mowing?

I always used the 3rd string running shoes. Every time I got a new pair of running kick, the old ones all got knocked down a notch in the hierarchy. After mower duty, they were tossed.

I mow the lawns of the rental properties. Scheduling around the weather is difficult. Morning dew and wet grass will ruin shoes in fairly short order. I also hate to slog around all day in wet shoes so I am getting Goretex lined and ventilated hiking boots. The Hi-Tec shoes were advertised as "waterproof" and they were so not. Only the leather trim was waterproof. All the vents were simple sieves.

• Heart 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:51 PM, donkpow said:

I have bought some new hiking shoes from https://www.wholeearthprovision.com/. I am replacing the Hi-Tec shoes I bought last year for yard mowing with a pair of Vasque Breeze III GTX at 1/2 price. You should go over to the store and buy a pair to be like me. You'll be happier.

vasque-breeze-iii-gtx-hiking-boot-men-s-

They do not have my size or width.