If you like to roast or drink coffee...

groupw

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The Melitta roasting factory on my commute to work smells marvelous!

Is that all the time or just on some days? I love the smell when they are roasting Colombian or some other mellow roast. When they do the dark roast all I smell is a burnt smell similar to the smell when someone is trying to saw lumber with a dull blade.

6 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So did it smell good?

Amazing!

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Not when they are making dark roast. It smells like someone is burning a sawdust pile.

He put in one tray with Starbucks Pike Place simply so we could compare what he does with the most popular coffee blend out there. He did not tell us what it was until we were near the end. He didn’t want to bias us, but it smelled burnt even before grinding. After ground, it smelled like an ashtray! 

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

It would be weird if you liked to roast coffee, but you didn't like to drink it.   :) 

He should try some of this coffee! WoW generally sticks with a mocha latte, but she was happily drinking these without any additives. 

• Awesome 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:34 AM, groupw said:

Zabuni Specialty Coffee Auction opened here late last year. They are dedicated to a unique business model. Their goal is to get more of the money for the beans directly to the coffee farmers in Kenya by bypassing many of the middlemen. 

Peet's coffee has an African blend that is bought only from the small coffee farms in Africa and Arabia and it's gotten rave reviews:

image.png.51678d1500987f2a3a8368fcc0d00951.pngimage.png.4d5463535e7b5e4d0c577fbc93358618.png