It's Daytona Day

maddmaxx

5 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I'm not sure but I think that he was taped in the back and that caused the crash. 

That’s what I saw, too, but I also saw him slide down to close the door to keep an attempted pass from happening. So I don’t know what the “rules” are about such a block?

I see that the injuries aren’t life threatening/

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes that car began to push him, at that point to help him win as a Ford team driver because the pushers chance was gone.

Thank you, this is the part that I didn’t really comprehend, that the low car was a) there to help and b) out of contention itself for the win. It seemed like he was trying to pass at the bottom of the track, and was blocked leading to the crash. 

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Thank you, this is the part that I didn’t really comprehend, that the low car was a) there to help and b) out of contention itself for the win. It seemed like he was trying to pass at the bottom of the track, and was blocked leading to the crash. 

He was blocked before the crash and left with little choice but to push the leader and hope for second.

23 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Unfortunately, pushing is a complex task that has to be done very well to avoid disaster. 

In motorcycle racing it never ends well. 

The video of this crash is no longer on YouTube. Steve Rapp ran into the back of his team mate and ended up going over the handle bars at 100 mph. Steve got up ran back to the pits and got on his backup bike and finished 7th.

Screenshot_2020-02-20-09-01-47-1.png

1 minute ago, BR46 said:

In motorcycle racing it never ends well. 

Steve got up ran back to the pits and got on his backup bike and finished 7th.

That seems to be the opposite of "not ending well"?????  Sure, he could have won the race, but crashing, remounting, and finishing in the top 10 seems pretty good to me.