The impossible sausage sandwich and baffling tea behavior

Randomguy

I bought donuts there for work...twice...once when they first opened (ok a couple weeks after they opened because of the line up) and then maybe 18 mos ago for work...they taste like crap..or azz or licking cement...whatever...they are not good donuts...  I rarely get hot tea out...I am too much of a tea snob :whistle: and I am afraid I am gonna have lipton.

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I bought donuts there for work...twice...once when they first opened (ok a couple weeks after they opened because of the line up) and then maybe 18 mos ago for work...they taste like crap..or azz or licking cement...whatever...they are not good donuts...  I rarely get hot tea out...I am too much of a tea snob :whistle: and I am afraid I am gonna have lipton.

Brisk

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I got off a train and had to wait for somebody at Dunkin’ Donuts. I feel very strongly that this place should not exist, but it does. 

Anyway, I order tea and see the impossible vegan thing, so I order it.  They have to make it, so they start on the tea.   

I am not watching tea prep, but turn around when she is putting the lid on, and it looks wrong.  I ask the indian chick to unlid it it and ask what the hell is it that you are trying to serve me.  

“Tea”, she says.  “Why the hell does it not look like tea at all?” I ask. “It is just tea” she says, to which I reply “Why the hell is it all white?”  “Well that is the milk”.  Geez.  She is seriously confused that by asking for tea, I wanted just the damn tea. 

The impossible sausage sandwich sucked. It was microwaved and really dry.  

Dunkin’ Donuts should not exist. 

just eat real food, problem solved :)

• Haha 1

I agree Dunkin Donuts ain't what it used to be.  I used to stop at Dunkin Donuts every 3 months after I had my fasting diabetes blood test, usually around 8 am, so I could splurge on a carryout breakfast.

But their breakfast sandwiches are tasteless and expensive and, instead of a financial-adventure for an eclair, I could go across the highway to the supermarket that sells very large Bavarian (chocolate covered) Creme Filled Donuts for 65 cents.

I haven't stopped there in a few years now.

When I was a teenager working at a fast food restaurant that also made KFC chicken, I advanced to the point where I was the chicken man.  When some others on our night shift would decide to go to Dunkin Donuts for donuts and coffee after we closed, they'd tell me so with a wink.  That meant that, when the manager wasn't looking, I would cook one more 18 piece pot of chicken than we were expected to sell that night.

After closing, everyone would be amazed at all the leftover KFC chicken.  We put it in bags, drove 10 min. to Dunkin Donuts, and traded the KFC chicken for free donuts and coffee for 4-5 of us.

• Haha 2

I can’t remember the last time I ate a donut from anywhere... Not that I’m a super healthy person or anything, I just don’t care for them.  

My son went to our local donut place last weekend and asked if I wanted anything.  I looked askance and he said oh yeah.... But dude hooked me up with egg ham & cheese croissant.  Oh hell yeah crushed that bad boy.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I got off a train and had to wait for somebody at Dunkin’ Donuts. I feel very strongly that this place should not exist, but it does. 

Anyway, I order tea and see the impossible vegan thing, so I order it.  They have to make it, so they start on the tea...

Our local chain is Daylight Donuts, I don't even think we have a Dunkin' Donuts in the whole city. They're pretty nice, but they do exclusively sausage rolls, donuts, coffee, and the-prepackaged-drinks-you-find-in-that-large-one-doored-fridge. So at least you get fresh-made tea. :)

• Heart 1