My vacation ended with a bang.

Kirby

Did you have to pay for any of the car rental?  I thought I was stuck for part of a rental during a similar accident, but eventually got it back.

When my car was similarly rear-ended last April, I decided to let my State Farm Insurance handle it rather than go through his Progressive Insurance company because my agent has gone way out his way for me several times.  The downside was that, until Progressive paid State Farm, I had to pay my $100 deductible plus 20% of the rental.

I thought I was stuck with the rental 20% ($64) but later contacted Progressive about the $100 I hadn't gotten yet from State Farm and they told me I was also getting $64 from them to cover my share of the rental.

That was sort of a bonus, because I had the rental two extra days beyond my car's repair:: I had my Honda dealer do the air-bag recall I had been putting off while it was being repaired

When the rental car company originally picked me up at the repair shop, their driver asked me what kind of rental car I might want. I asked, "What about this one?" and I got it. The rental was a 2019 Subaru Forester and I loved it. I was absolutely amazed with the safety, etc. equipment that warns you about crossing road lines, tilting your head like you're falling asleep, etc. It also has a great ride.  Reaearching it later I found it was one of the top-3 rated mid-sized SUV's and the top rated for safety.

I talked to my agent for advice since I wasn't sure what to do, but the other driver's insurance paid for everything except the last day of the rental.  My car was ready Friday afternoon, but I didn't  pick it up until Saturday and they paid for the rental only until my car was available.  The other driver's insurance paid for the repair and the rental car directly, so I didn't have to come out of pocket for that.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I talked to my agent for advice since I wasn't sure what to do, but the other driver's insurance paid for everything except the last day of the rental.  This made me feel pretty good.

My car was ready Friday afternoon, but I didn't  pick it up until Saturday and they paid for the rental only until my car was available.  This made me feel badly, but is not unreasonable. Thinking this made me feel magnanimous.

The other driver's insurance paid for the repair and the rental car directly, so I didn't have to come out of pocket for that.  This made me feel great. 

...just some editorial suggestions. Your writing style is unique, and I'd hate to see it get lost because of some unfortunate incident like this. :(

• Hugs 2