Sous Vide

Allen

IF I was still working I'd invest in a sous vide heater, waterbath, etc. because I wouldn't have to worry about overcooking when I had something to do in the late afternoon. I had a very busy schedule teaching, coaching sports and the chess club, running the science club. and fitting in taking refresher and other classes at night.  My house was often only used for eating, showering, and sleeping.

Now, retired, I have more time to keep an eye on food and experiment with various settings - as simple as learning that reheating chicken in my 1100W microwave at 50% power results in more-evenly heated chicken without turning some sections rubbery.

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

IF I was still working I'd invest in a sous vide heater, waterbath, etc. because I wouldn't have to worry about overcooking when I had something to do in the late afternoon. I had a very busy schedule teaching, coaching sports and the chess club, running the science club. and fitting in taking refresher and other classes at night.  My house was often only used for eating, showering, and sleeping.

Now, retired, I have more time to keep an eye on food and experiment with various settings - as simple as learning that reheating chicken in my 1100W microwave at 50% power results in more-evenly heated chicken without turning some sections rubbery.

We used a crock pot plugged into a contraption my neighbor bought off of amazon that controls the temperature.