Do you wear a hoodie, like a common criminal?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

I have a hoodie I got for free, but it never really fit me well.  I like it anyway, it is grey and has a white zipper and drawstring.  I would eventually like to replace it with one that fits me better.  I only want one that has a white zipper and string, because it has a look to it, a tiny bit classier look, I suppose.  This is elusive, though.

So, do you wear a hoodie?  When?  Do only criminals wear hoodies?

Discus.

• Heart 1

I don't wear the hood itself.  I have 2.  One is more often....purple with a moose on front. From 1 of our national parks.

He loves his hoodies at home and occasionally going out. It's like a security blanket for him.  He is wearing a tri-colour solid hoodie I bought as a gift. It looks good on him...yes I take time to find something decent.

HJB.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

You found me!

Totally do that too. Sometimes I wear them in my office chair backwards. It's like a snuggie, but is easy to take off if too warm and doesn't warm your back since your back is already against the chair. It should be its own invention.

With the hood up???? ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

With this longer version you don’t have to wear pants. 
I think I only have one hoodie. It was an MS150 gift for fund raising.it’s high quality but made for a short fat person. If I wear it I have to wear pants.

So you're saying it would fit me. Hmm... 👍

• Haha 1

Normally do not wear them, as without a full length zipper, they are too difficult to get on and off in an emergency. I do wear a wool layer with a hood and full length zipper when it is very cold and sometimes in the house.  Hood works well over a gimme cap or wool hat. Have one work jacket with a hood, but it is normally only worn when it is raining, snowing or very cold. When feeding hay will filter down into the open hood, and then is nicely distributed on me or the floor, when I pull the hood up over my head.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Do you wear a hoodie, like a common criminal?

Yes, but I prefer not to think of myself as common.  

I have a small collection of them, maybe 10-12.  Both unzippered and zippered.  I prefer the zippered.  Some people here have mentioned the trouble to pull on and take off.  Not a problem with the full zipper style.  My favorite is the thinner, lighter weight Hanes versions.  I wear them all through the cold months.  I even wear them to bed.  

• Heart 4

• Solution
Just now, Mr. Silly said:

How big of a moron do you have to be if you can't put on a pullover hoodie?

How big of a moron would you have to be if you chose a pain-in-the-ass pull-on over a zipper?  

Also, zipper models have two pockets that can actually hold stuff instead of that ridiculous pouch.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

How big of a moron would you have to be if you chose a pain-in-the-ass pull-on over a zipper?  

Also, zipper models have two pockets that can actually hold stuff instead of that ridiculous pouch.

The artwork on the front of the pullover isn't ruined by a zipper.  The pouch holds more than the tiny pockets.

Pullover hoodies are far superior than the ones with a zipper.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

The artwork on the front of the pullover isn't ruined by a zipper.  The pouch holds more than the tiny pockets.

Pullover hoodies are far superior than the ones with a zipper.

WRONG!  Pullovers negate 99% of the reason you wear a hoodie, which is temperature regulation.  Can’t do that without a zipper. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Do only criminals wear hoodies?

Discus.

11 hours ago, Redfacedwalrus said:

I wear hoodies almost every day that I can manage (so basically when I'm not at work in my fancy work clothes). They're comfortable and versatile. Yes.

...where do you fit on the criminality scale ?  I have a couple and I wear them, but I've done some time "wearing the bracelets".:(

From about the beginning of October to the end of April a hoodie is my go to casual attire.  I have about a dozen of them.  I prefer the pull-over.  WoKzoo got me a new one last week - Extra heavy fleece, it is big and soft and comfy.  For the extra cold weather at the end of last week, it as the bomb!!  Only issue with it is that it is so thick that there was a jacket or 2 that were difficult to get on.

#hoodiesrule

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am correct, admit it.

...I own versions of the hoodie both with and without zippers. In addition, they are of different fleece thicknesses.

If I wear one under a jacket that has a zipper, as another layer against the cold, I invariably choose the zippered ones.

You are always correct, I admit it. But I'd still like to know what to do about these hot flashes due to male menopause. :( 

• Heart 1