Attire at work

Dirtyhip

On 2/17/2020 at 1:10 PM, jsharr said:

I am wearing my Team Newzealand Americas Cup t shirt, a white undershirt, nice dark blue Levis, gray boxer briefs,  brown belt with silver buckle and tip, blue socks, brown lace up Ecco shoes.  No one but fellow employees will be in the office today.  

Tomorrow I will probably wear slacks and a button down as we have guests coming in.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:43 AM, BuffJim said:

56 year old middle manager uniform.

Button down shirt, slacks, dress shoes. On Friday it expands to flannel, or if the team has a big game, a sports related shirt. Summer lots of golf shirts, too.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, Wilbur said:

My current attire is dress slacks and a golf shirt. :)  That is how my employer rolls. 

Slacks? You boys have been watching too much Martha Stewart.

Canadians are polite so maybe that term is acceptable in the great white north, but in Texas? You, sir, are banned from eating BBQ for 30 days must put beans in your chili. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, dennis said:

Slacks? You boys have been watching too much Martha Stewart.

Canadians are polite so maybe that term is acceptable in the great white north, but in Texas? You, sir, are banned from eating BBQ for 30 days must put beans in your chili. 

Sorry.  That was a direct quote from my employee handbook.   I would have said "trousers".  :)  Luckily, we have not yet stooped to wearing dungarees.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, Longjohn said:

We used to be required to wear long sleeves at work. The forge shop gets really hot in the summer, some of the guys were pushing the issue and taking their uniform shirts off and working in their tee shirts. The company tried to make a big deal out of it and give them time off for violating safety rules. The  union got involved and showed them where the contract said all safety equipment would be provided to employees at no cost to them. Why are we paying for our uniforms if they are safety equipment. The VP of the company got pissed off and said F*** You, wear whatever the F*** you want. After that incident in the summer I usually wore a tank top unless I was working on the press.

When I was hauling in and out of refineries and chemical plants, Long pants and sleeves were always the rule on site, and no polyester allowed. There were often restrictions on facial hair too

This was about safety, not fashion.

7 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

When I was hauling in and out of refineries and chemical plants, Long pants and sleeves were always the rule on site, and no polyester allowed. There were often restrictions on facial hair too

This was about safety, not fashion.

Hard to get a respirator to fit properly with a beard.  My dad worked in a refinery in Baytown, TX, for 42 years. I think he was a bit embarrassed when I was working as a pipefitter's helper, that we set off the sprinkler system when moving pipes from the area.

• Heart 2