Peanut butter

Allen

57 minutes ago, Allen said:

I can’t tell the difference between Jiff and Peter Pan. 

I'm with you.  Put some strawberry jam on there and all peanut butter tastes the same.

I also use it to bait mouse traps and I have never had any arguments from the mice regarding brand.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Allen said:

You should try actual peanut butter.  It's better than those fake spreads. :D

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

One ingredient 👍

I find TWO ingredients is better - peanuts and salt.  I love salty peanut butter.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Just ground peanuts here, and a pinch of salt.  I make it these days. So easy and no strange stuff. 

@Indy got me all wigged out on the PB machine at the store.  

Sorry.

But you can always count an engineer to overthink and overanalyze things.  It's really a big part of our charm, and why I sometimes force myself to make quick decisions to not allow myself the chance to do it.

But also a long that thought, I was just wondering, how many peanuts it takes to make one jar of peanut butter.  The answer is approximately 45 peanuts per ounce.  So from an economical standpoint, it's far more economical to ship peanut butter than peanuts. 

See, I really over think things.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sorry.

But you can always count an engineer to overthink and overanalyze things.  It's really a big part of our charm, and why I sometimes force myself to make quick decisions to not allow myself the chance to do it.

But also a long that thought, I was just wondering, how many peanuts it takes to make one jar of peanut butter.  The answer is approximately 45 peanuts per ounce.  So from an economical standpoint, it's far more economical to ship peanut butter than peanuts. 

See, I really over think things.

LOL, OMG!  You are missing a key thing here though.  Mine is still more efficient, cause I reuse my container.  No plastic or glass was purchased with the nuts.  I bought them in a linen bag.    I did use some energy to smash them.  

Please don't encourage me to take this even further and grind them by hand.  HAHA

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

LOL, OMG!  You are missing a key thing here though.  Mine is still more efficient, cause I reuse my container.  No plastic or glass was purchased with the nuts.  I bought them in a linen bag.    I did use some energy to smash them.  

Please don't encourage me to take this even further and grind them by hand.  HAHA

Yeah, but if you got a hand crank grinder, think of the workout.  You'd be combining it with your exercise routine.  Do it right, you can burn more calories than you make to consume.

Just now, Indy said:

Yeah, but if you got a hand crank grinder, think of the workout.  You'd be combining it with your exercise routine.  Do it right, you can burn more calories than you make to consume.

AHHHHH!   You hath gone there and motivated me.  I have a hand crank machine.

You are an enabler.  ;)

• Haha 1

We went through this a while back and I am still looking for a place that sells fresh peanut butter.  I tried Lucky's and Whole Foods with no luck.  I asked around in the local websites and no luck.  I'm probably going to end up with a high powered food processor in the near future.

44 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

We went through this a while back and I am still looking for a place that sells fresh peanut butter.  I tried Lucky's and Whole Foods with no luck.  I asked around in the local websites and no luck.  I'm probably going to end up with a high powered food processor in the near future.

Do you have an extruding style juicer?  My Omega 8006 can grind up nuts very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/17/2020 at 3:48 PM, Randomguy said:

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

People know nothing about spreadability and taste.  You get smooth so you can spread it (get yer mind out of the gutter), then add fresh roasted peanuts or walnuts or pecans onto the freshly spread peanut butter.  This is some exponent better than that bread-ripping horse shit you guys buy.  

You are welcome.

Hmm, I guess the shit without palm oil is pretty bread-ripping.  Dangit!

On 2/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, Allen said:

It is so easy to tell the difference. Costco carries Jiff in the double pack. Costco does not carry Peter Pan. The difference is...one is in stock, the other is not.

• Haha 1