Good time to start

late

I just got an led pot light from Amazon for under $150. It looks well made. When I started, my ballast on sale cost me about $120. That doesn't include the bulb and the hood to put the bulb in. The prices of led lights have come down.

This should work as good or better than my 400 watt hps and it consumes 265 watts. Which is also why I got it. With my hps, I was having trouble with the temps getting higher than ideal in freaking february..

It's also thinner, which means I can let the plant grow a few inches taller before surgery is called for in my small tent.

As Hubert Humphrey used to say, I'm pleased as punch.

Anyway, you could get a tent, a light, special pot dirt and the pot to put it in for around 300. An ounce of pot would set you back more than that.

Prob none of you do, but I wanted to tell somebody, so you get to be my victims.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Still illegal in the US.

The law is a funny thing. There are a lot of laws on the books that are never enforced.

That law was Nixon's revenge on the hippies, it never had a thing to do with the drug. Pure revenge.

I think we're getting over it.

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't follow the news, ever, but I don't believe there have been federal convictions in states where it's legal.  I do believe businesses still have banking issues though.

There's a zillion guys like me. The Feds still go after some businesses, but it's a losing battle. It's why Prohibition ended, everybody was having a drink.