Overslept, eggs benny, slept more

shootingstar

What a wasteful day....overslept last night since I had some sad/doomsday like dreams. It's my day off.

Then we went for eggs benny at a restaurant. I had my matcha tea latte.  

Then I napped for an hr. :flirtyeyess:  Dearie's was more productive since he had a meeting with someone in Toronto about a contract before we hiked off for eggs benny.

There are days I literally feel abit guilty for...not having children. :D  

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, smudge said:

Psht!!  Sounds like a good, relaxing day. We need those now and again!

You're too generous smudge and gracious.  A good friend who took early retirement said she discovered breakfasts now take a long time. :) 

When returning to work in 2 days,, I have deal with my boss anxious to schelp something off to law dept., then a client manager who wants a report I'm not totally thrilled about providing (because an IT solution is not best). Then review curriculum so I sound rational for teaching a course.

• Heart 1

Eggs Benedict!  My go-to restaurant breakfast!

I looked into making it at home but making small portions of Hollandaise Sauce is too much of a bother even with the blender versions.

Then I found this. You melt 4 tbsp butter, then whisk in 1 cup of cold water (creamier: 1/2 cup each milk & water) and this mix, heat to boiling and simmer 1 min. until it thickens. "Serve over poached eggs, chicken, seafood of vegetables." There are some cheaper brands but I'll try the good stuff first. Haven't tried it yet but will make it with either the traditional muffins or some excellent 12-grain bread I like and some version of ham:

1267285357_HollandaiseSauceMixMcCormick.JPG.d743000e28d44f950d4ea73082b33ff0.JPG 1337516558_HollandaiseSauceMixMcCormick-back.thumb.JPG.8f69cdeef8196fdb5b139c76bcdf6000.JPG

4 hours ago, shootingstar said:

There are days I literally feel abit guilty for...not having children. :D  

At our age the kids take care of themselves, you can sleep in and do nothing all day, the kids are at work and don't care what you do.

And you deserve a break now and then