Monday Update from Aviation Airedales Activity Center

Airehead

Glad you got good news on the heart, and I hope the lung issues resolves soon.  Glad your vet is so caring and hope Lindy is 100% soon.  But hope you get a chance to get some sleep and a chance to do something for yourself as well.

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Einstein- heart is healing, lung is still collapsed, you cannot come home with a chest tube. Out of ICU. 

Lindy- weird bladder infection. Spent three hours with him at vet’s. They are excellent. 

Ryan- one of the good ones. 

Paulie- should not be crated as long as he was today. Took all of them to vet. Did not expect to be there three hours. Now he is doing laps around the house. @Kzoo, Paulie has a bad case of Airedale zoomies. 

Me- done, just done. Tired and stressed. 

Airedale zoomies can be dangerous to both participants and spectators. Fast and clueless are bad combinations.

And for the record, Rudy was allowed to live this evening but just barely, just barely.  Last week he eat part of our living room carpet.  This afternoon he eat another piece.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Airedale zoomies can be dangerous to both participants and spectators. Fast and clueless are bad combinations.

And for the record, Rudy was allowed to live this evening but just barely, just barely.  Last week he eat part of our living room carpet.  This afternoon he eat another piece.

He heard your wife say that she would really rather have hard woods and an area rug. Very helpful. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

Einstein- heart is healing, lung is still collapsed, you cannot come home with a chest tube. Out of ICU. 

I came home w/ a drain tube for 3 days then it was removed. It was a PITA. Hope his lung inflates. What lung/lobe is collapsed? Asking because my upper right was collapsed, and then removed.

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

I came home w/ a drain tube for 3 days then it was removed. It was a PITA. Hope his lung inflates. What lung/lobe is collapsed? Asking because my upper right was collapsed, and then removed.

pneumothorax, total left lung. Did they send you home with the suction machine?  Maybe because he needs that he cannot come home?  When we take him for a walk, they bring a cart and a battery operated suction machine hook him up to that. Then hook him up to a portable oxygen tank. Hang the device that collects and measures what comes out from the tube. This takes like15 minutes. Walk takes like 10. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

pneumothorax, total left lung. Did they send you home with the suction machine?  Maybe because he needs that he cannot come home?  When we take him for a walk, they bring a cart and a battery operated suction machine hook him up to that. Then hook him up to a portable oxygen tank. Hang the device that collects and measures what comes out from the tube. This takes like15 minutes. Walk takes like 10. 

Dang :( the left lung is one lobe.  I had no suction machine, just a collector I drained ever few hours. In the hospital the drain was just draining into a large collector where they periodically record what came out. I walked around the hospital pushing an IV tree w/ all my paraphernalia :blink:. Is he using a spirometer for breathing exercises? I still use that at home.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Yes both the spirometer and some other thing that reminds me of a kazoo that you blow into. image.png.94015304a75d00fec88c06cf1d1b8235.png

Ah, the flutter valve. I have one of these too. Yup, its a kazoo :D  My pulmonologist had me get one. It work great for breaking stuff up so I can cough it out.

• Heart 1