If I wanted to renounce ALL citizenships,

Wilbur

I have dual citizenship, Canada and UK.    I can renounce either but must keep one.  To get to zero citizenship, I would have to acquire US citizenship, then renounce the Canadian or UK (whatever I kept ) and then renounce US citizenship.  I would then be a non-citizen of everywhere.  The US is one of the only nations that allows renouncing citizenship without a succesor.   This came about by having a beer with my immigration lawyer, neighbour. 

• Heart 4

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have dual citizenship, Canada and UK.    I can renounce either but must keep one.  To get to zero citizenship, I would have to acquire US citizenship, then renounce the Canadian or UK (whatever I kept ) and then renounce US citizenship.  I would then be a non-citizen of everywhere.  The US is one of the only nations that allows renouncing citizenship without a succesor.   This came about by having a beer with my immigration lawyer, neighbour. 

There were lots of people saying they were going to do this back in 2016. We’re still waiting for them to live up to it.😁

In your case because your parents are not Americans then American Samoa would probably do as well.  They are the only nation to have a non citizenship class.  But you would have to be born there to be a non citizen.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/787978353/american-samoans-citizenship-status-still-in-limbo-after-judge-issues-stay

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Magical. Then you would never have to pay taxes... but basically live the existence of a gnat blowing in the wind.

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Downside is renouncing US citizenship (or even a long term green card) can be expensive if you have to pay the exit tax.

I am sure.  I just found it interesting the US was the only country to allow it without an alternate citizenship.  Maybe because you have rights and the rest of us only have privilege.  Well, until they are taken away.. :) 

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am sure.  I just found it interesting the US was the only country to allow it without an alternate citizenship.  Maybe because you have rights and the rest of us only have privilege.  Well, until they are taken away.. :) 

...we gave the world Scientology. Show some respect.:angry: