Ohio woman

2Far

I responded once to two people arguing over the TV remote.

Person 1 felt that he was watching the hockey game and was there first

Person 2 the roommate came home and wanted to watch something else and felt he should be able to change the channels because it was actually HIS tv therefore he has supreme rights to it. 

They didnt call because of the arguement, they wanted me to settle it

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Person 2 the roommate came home and wanted to watch something else and felt he should be able to change the channels because it was actually HIS tv therefore he has supreme rights to it. 

And drugs were not involved?

10 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

But, we all would probably agree that having you (or 911) called to resolve the argument was a much better outcome than having you called to a domestic shooting over an argument over a TV remote, eh?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I'da put a .357 though the screen, but that's prolly why I'm not a LEO.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But, we all would probably agree that having you (or 911) called to resolve the argument was a much better outcome than having you called to a domestic shooting over an argument over a TV remote, eh?

It's Canada, more likely to be a domestic punching than shooting.  And two idiots punching over the remote would never call the cops.  They wanted an answer as to who was right.

39 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And drugs were not involved?

If beer is a drug I would say yes.

56 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

It's Canada, more likely to be a domestic punching than shooting.  And two idiots punching over the remote would never call the cops.

Well, we'd go with the gun fight, and I'd say that's a situation I'd like folks to avoid.  Usually, by the time folks are gun crazed and TV arguing, they're more than old enough to already have a few young uns to pass on the genetic mayhem :( Darwin losing again.

59 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

They wanted an answer as to who was right.

I hope you told the hockey viewer he was in the wrong and should apologize.

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

I asked the score..., the Leafs were winning so there is that

It does sort of bring to mind the "if you guys ain't responding to 911 shooting calls, then isn't an argument over a remote control a legit use of your time?" question.

I can not imagine the list of inane 911 calls the operators field daily.  Again, I won't go as high as 50% of folks being nuts, but it is a sizable percentage for sure.

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It does sort of bring to mind the "if you guys ain't responding to 911 shooting calls, then isn't an argument over a remote control a legit use of your time?" question.

Nope, it is not.  Nothing to do with Police, at all.  Front line officers do much more (where I have been) than just answer calls, and between calls are carrying out investigations that resulted from previous calls.  At the time of this call, it was likely I had 40 or 50 open legit investigations on the go.

• Heart 1

Back in the 60's and 70's my sister and I would argue about what shows to watch on TV.

One night, she got to choose and picked that tear-jerker, "Little House on the Prairie."

It was the episode where Laura was a newlywed and she and her husband bought and were fixing up a run-down house.

I said to my sister, "Let's watch a rerun of Star Trek. You already know how this is going to end. They'll get the house perfectly renovated and a meteor will fall out of the sky and destroy the house at the end of the episode."

She would not change the channel and I was wrong. It was a tornado, not a meteor that reduced the entire home to a pile of rubble. The theme of the series was basically, "Keep trying, but you can't get ahead." If I remember right, they burned down the entire town in the series last episode.