Walked out at planet fitness tonight

petitepedal

Treadmills were full..locker room busy and a line up of folks coming in.

Went to check out an Anytime Fitness..more money..cheapest is $29 every 2 weeks:blink:..the next step was some coaching and added perks..but no locker just 2 unisex shower/toilets and a 3rd room just toilet...they have the hex bar and free weights, lots of dumbells, ropes and this Anytime is one that focuses on coaching and balanced health.

Interesting thing was the manager was hired by my trainer back in 2005..when my trainer was in charge of trainers at Bally's or LA Fitness...:dontknow: Small World.

38 minutes ago, late said:

Working out with tires seems to have gotten a bad rap, but they are kinda awesome.

Try the ones with the wheels in them, they really give you a workout. My boss bought a semi trailer load of Maypop tires from Goodyear. Goodyear was trying something new and wanted to see how these worked out. They didn’t, but the only way they would give us credit on them was to run them until they blew. I got tired of changing tires on the side of the interstate. Those tires were so bad that I had to carry two spares, one in the rack under the trailer and one up on the trailer. It was a bitch getting a taar up on the trailer.

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Try the ones with the wheels in them, they really give you a workout. My boss bought a semi trailer load of Maypop tires from Goodyear. Goodyear was trying something new and wanted to see how these worked out. They didn’t, but the only way they would give us credit on them was to run them until they blew. I got tired of changing tires on the side of the interstate. Those tires were so bad that I had to carry two spares, one in the rack under the trailer and one up on the trailer. It was a bitch getting a taar up on the trailer.

Wiw, that sounds like a bonanza for a liability lawyer!

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Ha! Back in the days of tube type bias ply, a day without a flat was a good day. A 20 ton jack, wrench and hardwood planks were standard issue in every truck.

For the last decade or more, we didn't even carry spares.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Treadmills were full..locker room busy and a line up of folks coming in.

Went to check out an Anytime Fitness..more money..cheapest is $29 every 2 weeks:blink:..the next step was some coaching and added perks..but no locker just 2 unisex shower/toilets and a 3rd room just toilet...they have the hex bar and free weights, lots of dumbells, ropes and this Anytime is one that focuses on coaching and balanced health.

Interesting thing was the manager was hired by my trainer back in 2005..when my trainer was in charge of trainers at Bally's or LA Fitness...:dontknow: Small World.

I don't even think about going to the gym in the late afternoon or evening. The place is a zoo.

I'm lucky I'm able to go in the mornings when it's not very busy.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Wow!  Minnesnowta people really stick to it!  Mid February should be empty. :D

The gym was busy..but OK in January..and tapering off..then they did this promo join for $1...now they advertising join for a a quarter  And yeah...after work is crazy...but I am not going in at 5:30 AM and if I don't go right after work...I won't go....

I quit my gym as well and for many of the same reasons.   What irked me most was the free memberships to high school students who showed up in large groups.  The place would fill up and more time was spent waiting for equipment than using it.  Members were asked to "accommodate the students".  My question was why I should accommodate them when my membership fees are supporting them.  F-that!   

That and the constant smell of crap, sweat and Axe body spray was nauseating. :) 

So, back to the trainer and free weights at home. 

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What irked me most was the free memberships to high school students who showed up in large groups.  

One of my favorite gym stories is when the high schoolers were trying to out-do each other on the treadmills. Someone must have cranked it up to 20 MPH or something because as soon as the girl stepped on, she fell on her face and shot backwards.  

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

One of my favorite gym stories is when the high schoolers were trying to out-do each other on the treadmills. Someone must have cranked it up to 20 MPH or something because as soon as the girl stepped on, she fell on her face and shot backwards.  

Most of the gym treadmills I have seen max out at 12mph. If you are not a runner that can put you on your face. My first indoor triathlon I ran along side a guy that complained that the treadmill only did 12 mph. He ran the two miles at 12 mph. He didn’t wait to see the results because he had a half marathon he was going to.