Buy some Girl Scout Cookies for a Good Cause please

jsharr

I am about to post a link to the cookie order page for a friend's daughter.  Mae's father is the Cubmaster of Pack 262.  Mae's mother is her Girl Scout leader.  The whole family is awesome and always doing things in the neighborhood.  Dad is on his last year of work contract and contract will not be renewed.  Mom got laid off yesterday from Fossil, where she was employed for the last 10 years.

Mae already met her cookie goal, but with the change in mom's employment status, she upped her goal to 1200 boxes of cookies so she can go to summer camp for free.

Please consider buying a box or two, or donating a box or two or ten.

I just donated 10 boxes through her page.

https://digitalcookie.girlscouts.org/scout/mae989256?fbclid=IwAR33BSlsJxqyM29bbgvq-FjWixRYgzgSV78RmwdmyOBZszhESZdzLgFQBb8

Just now, late said:

You can give ten times as much to the Girl Scouts if you just give them the money and avoid those dreadful cookies.

Yes you can, but that does not help this young lady meet her lofty goal of going to camp through cookie sales.

I often make cash donations to youth groups selling products, or washing cars, or whatever, but in this case, I bought cookies to help Mae meet her goal.  I donated them, so hopefully the cookies get donated to Troops or First Responders and the proceeds help Care To Share, which helps families in need.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes you can, but that does not help this young lady meet her lofty goal of going to camp through cookie sales.

Hey BUDDY! Stop trying to put the kids in my HOOD out of BUSINESS!!!! This kid of yours is gonna steal all the sales from the sweet little Girls Scouts up here.

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think this story is all a scam because those cute little girls in those outfits are worse than used car salesman.

What will it take for you to leave here today with a case of Do Si Does Mr. Indy?  I can throw in a few merit badges.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Done.

It asked me to choose a shipping method.  I chose "delivered my Mae."  Next time you see her can you ask when she will be stopping by?

I gave her Zackny's address and told her to meet you there.  Figured you might want a snack before you put the finishing touches on his lawn manicure.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'm not certain of the number she had when I first clicked the link, but I think she sold over 100 boxes since this morning!

She had 425 to go when I started schlepping cookies for her.  Our neighborhood has taken up her cause as well.  She will make it to camp.

9 minutes ago, 12string said:

aren't those things $5 a box?  'Scuse me a sec while I do some math...........

I think the commission to the scout or unit is about 10% and yes a week at scout camp, depending on the camp, can run $600.  

My son is going to Philmont soon and it will end up costing us $1000 to send him for a week long trip.  His group is doing Cavalcade, so they will be on horseback, but still in the back country.