Local tornado damage

Gump

I was without power for the last 2 days down here. They just got us back last night. There was a tornado spotted, but it was just the wind. It dropped trees everywhere. I doubt I can even go and ride yet this evening because of all the trees still down and then the debris in the road.

Its not like I had a lot of time tonight anyway, I have to clean out the fridge and then go up to the grocery store in town and buy EVERYTHING  :D

I read about this on the Albany paper's web site (I still check in from time to time).  It said "central NY" but the name of the town ("Smithfield"?) didn't sound familiar and I didn't look it up.  Hope you and yours are OK.  

Smithfield is about two hours south of me, that was a different tornado, same storm though.

We had a pocket tornado here early in the week.  Started at ground level, so the NWS didn't know until it was half over.  It lasted 10-12 minutes, with 90mph winds.  It traveled about six miles, and only caused damage for perhaps a 1/4 mile swath, but what it did was ugly.

And then outside that range, it was like nothing happened.  Very surreal.

So you're saying Texas really. Blows.....

Or sucks.  Not sure.  But having lived in Texas or Oklahoma all my life, I have seen and been in my share of tornadoes.  I have been in 4 so far.  Seen some crazy stuff.  A 45 rpm record stuck in a tree.  An entire six pack of beer, unopened, still in the plastic rings, sitting in a field behind our street hundreds of yards from any houses, cars and boats stacked like cordwood.  

Or sucks.  Not sure.  But having lived in Texas or Oklahoma all my life, I have seen and been in my share of tornadoes.  I have been in 4 so far.  Seen some crazy stuff.  A 45 rpm record stuck in a tree.  An entire six pack of beer, unopened, still in the plastic rings, sitting in a field behind our street hundreds of yards from any houses, cars and boats stacked like cordwood.  

You can keep your naders. I'll stick with our snow, even if it does come 4-5 feet at a time.

• Heart 1