One down

12string

Sorry for your loss.

We have always been a multi dog family.  The last dog we added was Remi, the hound dog that my son fell in love with and vice versa.  We had two smaller dogs, Rascal , the broke back dachshund and Romeo, the highly energized mutt.

We rescued Romeo from the shelter after we lost our border collie who we got as a stray, so that Rascal would not be all alone. 

When we lost Rascal recently, I was afraid Romeo would be lost without his little running buddy.   Amazingly, Remi, who has always been pretty reserved and stand offish, has come out of shell and the two are now very close.  Remi goes out in the back yard and plays with Romeo, the chase each other, and wrestle and they will often curl up on the couch or in a bed together.   

• Heart 3

I don't know much about house birds. A friend at work is 68 & has a cockatiel, he has talked about wondering who & when to turn the bird over to a new owner as he expects it to out live him.

The short stories he has told me about the bird are pretty amazing. It has smarts, emotions, and a temper. And outlasted a couple of wives.....  

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, 12string said:

Found one of the Cockatiels on the bottom of the cage last night.  Not unexpected, she's been really sedate and not eating for a couple days.

Now the other one just will not shut up.  Happy sounds, however.  I guess 25+ years of sharing a cage with a pushy partner will do that.

ummm...I hate to ask. But I will anyway. Do you live in a coal mine?

12string? 12string?  is this thing on?  .....

• Haha 1