Today's Look - Part II

Tizeye

Or technically in two weeks.

DH may have her goggles...but I just came back from the VA walk-in clinic in Audiology

I flunked the test and being fitted for hearing aid. 

Wife kept saying I wasn't listening to her which I vehemently denied while thinking "and the problem with that is????":D

In the meantime, can ya'll speak a little louder.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tizeye said:

Or technically in two weeks.

DH may have her goggles...but I just came back from the VA walk-in clinic in Audiology

I flunked the test and being fitted for hearing aid. 

Wife kept saying I wasn't listening to her which I vehemently denied while thinking "and the problem with that is????":D

In the meantime, can ya'll speak a little louder.

Wut?!

Have they got one that can counter-soundwave the tinnitus??

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Wut?!

Have they got one that can counter-soundwave the tinnitus??

My fear is that it will bring it back as I hear again...and it was high frequency loss. Tinnitus is one of the reasons I was considered service connected disability but intensity has waned over the years. Now it makes sense. 

Also, while DY got her goggles for free, I asked how much these little jewels will cost, and being service connected...free.

• Awesome 2

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

What did you get?  Will you have your phone as a device to adjust them?  I especially like being to narrow the listening field so you can hear the person at the table but not the background noise. 

I don't know the specific model, except the doctor said the VA doesn't do cheap. Had a choice between battery (every 3 days) or rechargeable and chose rechargeable. Based on her discussion, apparently a wide range in price with economy models around town about $1500 but these were the upper end around $6000. I can believe it as last year PT gave me a heating pad. That thing was industrial strength with a 'dead man' switch. No set and heat, but squeeze switch and release 30 seconds later as too hot. 

I do have to download the My Phonak app.

14 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

My fear is that it will bring it back as I hear again

Nope.  You don't actually "hear" tinnitus, your brain just thinks you do.  It's a nerve condition.

My hearing loss is unilateral, caused by a long term sinus infection that attacked the auditory nerve.  It came on suddenly, and was accompanied by tinnitus.  After the sinus surgery I got a little hearing back, the tinnitus was unfortunately still there.  All the hearing parts of my ear are fine, the signal to the brain just gets all screwed up.

I have Phonak, excellent choice.  Clarity on the high end models is exceptional.  Unfortunately, since mine transmit one side to the other, I can't get the bluetooth communication.

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

WHERE IS THE PICTURE?

They were just ordered today. Two week delivery and rather than doing walk-in like I did today, chose appointment Wed, Mar 18th. As you can see, I am not in too big a hurry. :D I did choose the lighter gray color so will blend in with hair.