That First Sip Of Coffee

Razors Edge

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...in the morning is soooooooo delightful!

Yep.  I've got a slight sore throat this morning - I think due to a slight sinus problem. So I think I'm going to have coffee with lunch, too.  If it lasts into the evening, a hot toddy of tea, honey, and rum will hopefully do the trick.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

I must have been tired today. Note the time stamp. I put my watch on upside down and it’s the wrong time too. I thought I was just tired, as I struggled with the buckle. Wtf?

You need to put some moisturizer in that fancy homemade soap you use :whistle:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have 52 year old hands and they are looking their age. The desert climate doesn't help.

Nah, they look fine! I was poking :D

Seriously, my 49 yr old hands look far worse.  Although, my soap also doesn't have moisturizers in it either, so maybe that explains it.

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I don't get my first sip until I deal with doggie, get dressed, bike to work, get cleaned up and changed and make my breakfast, then make a coffee and sit at my desk.  And yes, that first sip is often followed with an 'ahhhhhhhhh'

That is way too late I. The day. I need my first sip to do all those things. 

• Awesome 1

I have put my watch on upside down in the morning and didn’t notice it was upside down until I went to take it off to go to bed. Have I mentioned I love retirement? 
I make a pot of coffee first thing every morning. I sit down in my recliner and play around on here waiting for it to get cool enough to drink. Before it’s cool enough for me to take that first sip my wife wants breakfast. (How can people eat first thing in the morning?) After i make her breakfast and get her all her medicines I get back to my coffee which is now cold. I drink my first cup cold and pour my second cup. The second cup is better than the first.

• Awesome 1

12 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It is. But I’ve developed a caffeine intolerance.

Green or white tea would be an alternative.

You don't want to get the cheap stuff, but I can tell you what I do.

Here's the killer, green tea is really, really good for you. It even slows down some cancers. The caffeine level is tiny.

You need to get the water close to 190F. Boiling is just too hot. Brew times are only a minute or two. Depends on the tea, and on what you like.

So... Mighty Lead Green Tea Tropical. Brew time 2 minutes. There should be a blue plastic scoop in the bag, one heaping scoop for 12 ounces.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CNSZFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What I am actually doing... I use the Mighty Leaf and brew for a little over a minute. I then whip a little Matcha into the brew.

https://www.amazon.com/Jade-Leaf-Matcha-Green-Powder/dp/B014LT0712/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=matcha&qid=1582295664&s=grocery&sr=1-8

14 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I don't get my first sip until I deal with doggie, get dressed, bike to work, get cleaned up and changed and make my breakfast, then make a coffee and sit at my desk.  And yes, that first sip is often followed with an 'ahhhhhhhhh'

On the days I work in the office, I don't get my first sip until similar steps - get up, shower, walk dog, commute to work, log in, DRINK COFFEE!  That's like a 1 1/4 hr gap between waking and drinking :frantics:

On WFH or days off, it is get up, walk dog, COFFEE!!!!! :cheerleader: Maybe 10-30 minutes from waking to sipping depending upon pup walk time.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My doc suggested I cut back on caffeine so I switched to decaf. I didn’t notice any changes in blood pressure so I switched to half and half.

Straight decaf is otherwise known as “why bother”

A gal at work has several dietary & health issues so can't drink caffeinated coffee. She is the only one in the office who requests stocking the decaf Keurigs.  To me, that's a "why bother of a why bother" as Keurigs are swill and decaf is pointless!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

A gal at work has several dietary & health issues so can't drink caffeinated coffee. She is the only one in the office who requests stocking the decaf Keurigs.  To me, that's a "why bother of a why bother" as Keurigs are swill and decaf is pointless!

I am the designated decaf person at work, and it is like having my own "Bob" lane. :)

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I get up, start the coffee, throw some wood on the fire, pour my first cup. About three minutes total. I love my Bunn coffee makers.

I program my coffee maker to start 45 minutes before my alarm goes off. The dog always wants to be let out early, before the alarm, so this works out well. On the rare days that doggo sleeps in, it’s a stainless steel carafe so the coffee stays very hot until I am up.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

It's been 68 years since my last confession. I have been avoiding coffee because I always have it with sugar. But, for a few days now, I have been having a half cup that I steal from my wife's French Press.

This morning I had chai at 2 AM, with apple sweetener, and I will have coffee later.

I will do penance on the treadmill, but we both know the damage is done.

Wonder if a cat o nine tails would help me lose weight.

4 hours ago, late said:

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

It's been 68 years since my last confession. I have been avoiding coffee because I always have it with sugar. But, for a few days now, I have been having a half cup that I steal from my wife's French Press.

This morning I had chai at 2 AM, with apple sweetener, and I will have coffee later.

I will do penance on the treadmill, but we both know the damage is done.

Wonder if a cat o nine tails would help me lose weight.

Did you ever try it black the way coffee is supposed to be drank? Once you go black you will never go back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Did you ever try it black the way coffee is supposed to be drank? Once you go black you will never go back.

Not entirely true, I am a sucker for a shot of "cappucino" in my coffee at convenience stores.

No experience on the double entendre part. :D  I am no David Bowie.  The only thing that puts my spine oot of place is a bike crash, and old age. :(