So Destination, how many mooses have you seen so far?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Pokey,

I have seen one, near SLC.  I was camping with a friend in one of the canyons outside of town the first weekend the area opened up for camping.  We were very drunk and hanging around the campfire late night with the dogs when we heard something loud crashing through the brush a good ways off.  Of course, being drunk, we had to investigate.  We figured it was a black bear, but it turned out to be a moose.  We edged to about 30 yards away with lots of foliage and trees between us, those things are really, really big.  We figured we were better off going back and drinking by the campfire, I don't think you want to piss off a moose.

Shit, I've seen more moose than this whole forum put together! I'm Bigwood Nate dammit, and I seen more moose, shot more moose, hell  I've banged more moose than the whole lot of ya

One time I hit a moose in the truck coming back from Juneau. Took out the whole windshield. Had to drive 400 miles to Anchorage in February with no damn windshield, and RG's talking about some moose loitering  around the campground???

You people are all sisiies! :P

• Heart 1

you don't drive to the city, you drive to the ferry in Haines. Mom was in the legislature and Dad was up on the slope when the governor called a special session, so I ran her down.

you people have to understand that I know WTF I'm talking about at all times.

Its you all that don't know shit unless its in Wikipedia :P

you don't drive to the city, you drive to the ferry in Haines. Mom was in the legislature and Dad was up on the slope when the governor called a special session, so I ran her down.

you people have to understand that I know WTF I'm talking about at all times.

Its you all that don't know shit unless its in Wikipedia :P

Luckily for us, EVERYTHING is in Wikipedia. :)

• Solution

My uncle hit a moose with his car in 1946-7 or there abouts. Wrecked the car. Freaking moose got up and was really pissed off at being hit. It kicked the car a few times then went off into the bush.