Car is sick

Dottleshead

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Some merit badge or activity.  They had to break it open and try to identify what the owls diet was by looking at what they found.  I think we found mouse skin/hair and some bones as I recall.  

Yeah, I've heard that they eat a bunch of stuff that they can't digest.

Well today is the day. In about an hour and a half we unload our car to CarMax. Then we have a friend drive us about an hour north to the dealer to pick up our new RAV4. It was two and a half weeks ago we first noticed trouble. Now instead of our Sonata troubling me, this new auto loan can trouble me.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Well today is the day. In about an hour and a half we unload our car to CarMax. Then we have a friend drive us about an hour north to the dealer to pick up our new RAV4. It was two and a half weeks ago we first noticed trouble. Now instead of our Sonata troubling me, this new auto loan can trouble me.

And we expect pics when you get back

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I've only put a down payment on my car.  I'll still need to get through their sales pitches to get the keys.

When I bought mine up, everything had gone so smoothly, it hardly felt like buying a car.  No pressure from sales, they gave me money off because it took 2 extra months to get here.  Then the warranty guy took over.  I almost asked for my deposit back.  Wanted to sell me over 10k in extras and was shocked I didn't buy them.  80% of customers buy all of them...  Made me feel like a loser.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

When I bought mine up, everything had gone so smoothly, it hardly felt like buying a car.  No pressure from sales, they gave me money off because it took 2 extra months to get here.  Then the warranty guy took over.  I almost asked for my deposit back.  Wanted to sell me over 10k in extras and was shocked I didn't buy them.  80% of customers buy all of them...  Made me feel like a loser.

My sales guy has been great.  I get to deal with their financial closer and I'm ready for him.  I don't get to enjoy it until this phase is over.

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

High pressure is lame.  It makes buying a car a stressful experience.  This should be a fun experience.  We are buying a vehicle.

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

My sales guy has been great.  I get to deal with their financial closer and I'm ready for him.  I don't get to enjoy it until this phase is over.

Mine was great.  It started off rough.  We drove 90 minutes to see a vehicle that they promised was on the lot. It was a sale they advertised.  We get there, and they can't find the truck.  Bait and switch, clearly.

So, he could see we were irked.  Then, they started showing us vehicles.  Most of them were not what we were looking for exactly.  Then, they found our truck.  It was everything we were looking for.  The sticker was 43,000.  We payed the game with them for about 60 minutes.  It was a cash deal, so we just talked price.  There was no talking about "How much should the payment be?"  They kept wanting our trade, which we didn't budge on.  We sold our 2001 for almost 6 grand ourselves.  They wanted us to give it to them.  In the end we bought a brand new 4x4 truck for 34K.  They took 9 grand off the price, which tells me that there is a ton of room on those invoices.  We bought no extras. 

The next week we found a brand new camper shell in the correct color for a few hundred bucks.  We saved over 2 grand buying it this way.  There is one scratch on it.  

Our car fund is already getting funded nicely.  Even though we have a new truck, we still pay ourselves monthly to save for a new car again. It took us a long time to save for the one we have now. 

• Awesome 1