My clean streak ended this monring

Dirtyhip

19-20 cold/flu season grabbed me.

My new couch is comfy.  

Temp is normal, but I have a slightly sore throat, body ache and coughing.  Not bad, but I am not taking this to work.

Someone cam ein with a mask on yesterday and gave me paperwork.  I will refrain from calling her the words that echo in my head right now.

• Heart 4

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Someone cam ein with a mask on yesterday and gave me paperwork.  I will refrain from calling her the words that echo in my head right now.

The high road is always the best way. Tell HoDH to make some chicken soup with love. Hope you’re feeling more better. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My new couch is comfy.  

Temp is normal, but I have a slightly sore throat, body ache and coughing.  Not bad, but I am not taking this to work.

You think that's the turn-around time? 12-24 hours? I'd suspect it was days ago you got tagged.  Blame someone you interacted with late last week through mid this week.

Just now, Old#7 said:

The high road is always the best way. Tell HoDH to make some chicken soup with love. Hope you’re feeling more better. 

The high road is bullshit.  

He is going to the store soon for specific items.  Reeds ginger ale, cough syrup, and chicken soup stuff. 

Not sure i am getting homemade soap or not.   In his exact words, when we talk about chores and details he says "You are way better than I am. "    

Entertain me, people.  

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You think that's the turn-around time? 12-24 hours? I'd suspect it was days ago you got tagged.  Blame someone you interacted with late last week through mid this week.

Someone has to go down for this.  May as well be the person with the mask.  LOL

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My new couch is comfy.  

Do people normally go from exposure to sick in less than 24 hours?

Most companies speak from two mouths.  When womaxx was undergoing chemo for cancer the town sent her a letter stating that she had only 54 sick days left and that it would be necessary to terminate her if she hit 0.  She was at the time working 2 to 3 days per week, often stopping to throw up in the bathroom next to her office.

I worked for a company in which I had over 180 sick days.  I received a formal warning when problems with my back kept me from coming to work for 10 consecutive days.  I made it a point to come to work with a cane and on pain meds after that.

It would be great if everyone could stay home when sick but the real world doesn't work that way often.

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Most companies speak from two mouths.  When womaxx was undergoing chemo for cancer the town sent her a letter stating that she had only 54 sick days left and that it would be necessary to terminate her if she hit 0.  She was at the time working 2 to 3 days per week, often stopping to throw up in the bathroom next to her office.

I worked for a company in which I had over 180 sick days.  I received a formal warning when problems with my back kept me from coming to work for 10 consecutive days.  I made it a point to come to work with a cane and on pain meds after that.

Isn't that illegal if she is on FMLA?  Companies that do this are opening themselves up for a lawsuit.  You can take up to one year unpaid and come back to a jab. 

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Isn't that illegal if she is on FMLA?  Companies that do this are opening themselves up for a lawsuit.  You can take up to one year unpaid and come back to a jab. 

Lots of variables feed into this.  Size of company, length of employment, level of compensation, time worked in last 12 months.  I would hope that a company that would send out such a heartless letter would also do the background reasearch in advance, knowing that there would be push back.

• Heart 1

This makes me glad we dont have sick days.  It is just that if you miss more than two consecutive days, you must see a doctor.  It also means we do not deal with workmans comp.  If you get hurt on the job, you still get paid regardless so there is no hassle of dealing with outside organizations

I takes about a week for a lot of the viruses to incubate. You are at your most contagious before you show symptoms. 

Our boss used to be far less tolerant of sick days. His tune changed after his stroke 3 years ago. Now he has bladder cancer.
A lot depends on the severity of sickness whether it counts against vacation time or not. A 24 bug? Vacation. A hospital stay? They usually won’t count that against you. 

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Hadn’t she recently returned from China? Oh wait that was Shooting Star.

My wife has been terminated twice for being off too long for cancer treatments. The first time when she recovered she re-applied for her job and was rehired and after working six months they restored her seniority and benefits. This time if she recovers she is not planning on going back. 

9 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Do people normally go from exposure to sick in less than 24 hours?

I swear I did last year...a noro virus kinda thing resident had been sick..not sure 1 or 2 days...wanted 911 and a nursing home.. I went up to his place to turn off lights and such when 911 came for him...and less than an hour later I was praying to the porcelain god...prayed pretty much every 20 minutes to the tune of passing out..I think I was out of it a couple of days...