A side note about political threads...

Dottleshead

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I give big kudos to the mod team for just silently removing those threads you deem trouble. It's much less ado about nothing. Even if the OP has a right to bitch, he or she gets over it fast. I'm in support of this policy. Please remove all my threads.

I second this.  Especially that last part.

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Screw you guys, my debate thread had zero politics in it. 

Quick trigger guys prolly never lasted more than three strokes with a woman in their lives. 

Partly why I love good debate. So satisfying. 
Bad debate, though? All the wrong moves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I can't even remember what thread it was but if it upset RG that much it must have been a good one.

I remember the debate thread now.  I saw it after it was locked.  I don't lock threads I just hide them - poof.  I remember seeing the locked thread and thinking "This will not end well.  Good preemptive strike."

You can't have a thread about a political debate without it being or becoming political - hence the words POLITICAL debate.

In the last stages of the LF forum, politics was getting heavier and heavier and some members would viciously attack and try to humiliate people in threads that had nothing to do with politics because they disagreed politically with the author of the thread.

It's like the good and long-given advice for talking to strangers in bars: avoid religion and politics in forums that don't specifically involve them.

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

In the last stages of the LF forum, politics was getting heavier and heavier and some members would viciously attack and try to humiliate people in threads that had nothing to do with politics because they disagreed politically with the author of the thread.

It's like the good and long-given advice for talking to strangers in bars: avoid religion and politics in forums that don't specifically involve them.

I disagree with you all politically. 

7 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I remember the debate thread now.  I saw it after it was locked.  I don't lock threads I just hide them - poof.  I remember seeing the locked thread and thinking "This will not end well.  Good preemptive strike."

You can't have a thread about a political debate without it being or becoming political - hence the words POLITICAL debate.

There were a few that didn’t, though   Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.

Preemptive strikes are silly, anything can become political if you imagine it to be. You just ruin good threads for no reason sometimes that way, which is especially bad when things are really slow anyway. 

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...what about the mankini ? If I make a run for office, can I count on your support if I wear one on the campaign trail ?

Hide contents

611222-10204183-640-360.jpg

S.B. Cohen 2020. 

I had forgotten , or never knew, that the 1990’s was the “get real” decade. One of the many Playboy articles I never read.

• Haha 1