More time off

petitepedal

Lunch with Warren Buffett on your way through.  Just a little more than the toll charges to get there.

$3,300,100

The price for lunch with Warren Buffett: $3,300,100. (Reuters) - An anonymous bidder has agreed to pay $3,300,100 at auction to have a private lunch with Warren Buffett, the billionaire chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc

This is probably the premier outdoor event in the Midwest. Unfortunately it is only held biannually, and this ain't your year. I stopped in Leola SD on my bike trip.

Leola Rhubarb Festival - June 2019
It is held ONLY in odd numbered years.  Beginning early in the morning with a walk/run and continuing with a bake sale, turtle races, a craft show, kids' games, rhubarb judging, a parade, and yummy food vendors. In the afternoon there will be pony rides, a magician, local vocal entertainment, a shooting gallery, inflatables, the John Daly Memorial Bean Bag Tournament, Leola Fireman games, a street dance with local talent performing and more food. The celebration will include FREE MUSIC/COMEDY/MAGIC SHOWS and FREE FIREWORKS. The All-School Reunion will celebrate 100 years since the first graduating class of Leola High School with school tours and an alumni banquet. Rhubarb Days will celebrate with judging of Rhubarb baked goods, Rhubarb leaves and stalks, and a parade all on Saturday, July 1. Most events during the weekend are FREE. But there's lots more! Road Race, Bake Sale, Turtle Races, Kiddie Train Rides by Lyle Schaunaman, Craft Fair, Miniature Train Display by Pete Hanke, Kid's Street games, Parade, Rott Vineyard Display, Erma's Pony Rides, Inflatable Kid's games, Bean Bag Tournament; Fire Department Demonstration and games, Sharp Shooters Shooting Gallery, Picnic on the Street; Street Dance, plus food vendors.

• Heart 1

It's only a 10 hour drive to Miles City and Bucking Horse Sale is in May.   If you are in Nebraska, Omaha has a nice old town area with some fun restaurants.  They also have a great zoo with a lot of funding from Mutual of Omaha, but I'm not sure if all the animals are out in the winter. 

I want to explore some of the lake towns in Michigan, but I haven't looked up enough info to give any suggestions and you may already have seen enough similar stuff up the Minnesota Coast.