Saturday!

MickinMD

Watcha doin'?

Low 20's Fri. AM but Saturday looks fantastic.  Walking Jake then watching nephew Adam Sat. Evening.

I have tons of downloaded movies. I think he'll love "Monty Python & the Holy Grail" or maybe a 3D movie. His mom doesn't want him to see scary stuff in the evening like "The Hunger Games" or Pirates of the Caribbean stuff because they may give the 11 year-old boy nightmares.

image.png.ad4548eb70dfcda2ab146ffdd397e41d.png

• Heart 2

We were doing a cycling vacation in Vermont. It had been hot, and I was in a bad mood. I don't like heat. We went to see a movie just to get out of the heat, it was Pirates of the Carib.. The beginning hit me the wrong way, but I didn't want to go outside into the heat. Suddenly, it made sense, and I had a great time.

I got up at 2. I've already done the treadmill, 6 minutes more than last time. My  wife wants to do something today, if she can remember what it was. If she can't, I am going to vote for Freeport and that middle eastern restaurant.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Got up early, cleaned the cat puke, heading to the gym soon.

My wife finally got the vacuum cleaner fixed and used it yesterday. Literally scared the crap out of the cat, which I stepped on.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

drinking coffee, waiting for the temps to warm a bit then do some miles

I just got back from buying two bigass canz of Chock Full O Nuts Decaf since it was on sale oh so cheap!  Probably not a smart move since I drink aboot 8 scoops worth a week, I needed a $10 purchase for a coupon item that expired today, and they were only 6 bux each!

<Post Extension>

Couponz did a number on me today.  The Mrs sent me oot for McDonaldz with one that also expires today, and I had to buy hers at full price since there were no more left for what she wanted.  So I succumbed to the $1.49 hotscakes, and I always feel so wasteful and shitty when I open that polystyrene clamshell.  Of course I am reading a Page Turner now, Plastic - A Toxic Love Story.  Polystyrene can be unpuffed like this, or puffed like styrofoam, and neither really have a market for recycling.  The clear top is snot marked but I think it is polystyrene, and the bottom is 5 for polypropylene.  #1 PET Soda bottles are ones most likely to be recycled, so they are quite popular with scavengers, I can see how this guilt can be a big issue with Mickey D's, specially with millenials who have to live with all the )(*^%$ plastic in the environment forever.</Post Extension>

<Post Extension>A fun fact aboot PET soda bottles is they were invented by a Wyeth, Nathanial, who claimed he was artistic in his own way unlike his famous brothers, but that it was even harder because creating materials takes a lot more work than creating paintings! He died in 1990 so he never really saw how his invention just took off!  This is the best book I have read in a while!  Had a big section on the frisbee also. :) </Post Extension>

• Heart 1

I washed all the little gladware dishes that don't go in the dishwasher...ate leftover Chinese dinner..for breakfast..and I am drinking tea. will post about the other elsewhere... Waiting to see if my neighbor wants to do something..it is a lovely sunny day...but she got her shingle shot yesterday and is experiencing a sore arm and headache...

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I just got back from buying two bigass canz of Chock Full O Nuts Decaf since it was on sale oh so cheap!  Probably not a smart move since I drink aboot 8 scoops worth a week, I needed a $10 purchase for a coupon item that expired today, and they were only 6 bux each!

yum

3 hours ago, late said:

My wife finally got the vacuum cleaner fixed and used it yesterday. Literally scared the crap out of the cat, which I stepped on.

When I was a kid my mom had a long haired blue Persian cat that loved being vacuumed. We also had a long haired outside cat that my brother decided he was going to vacuum. He held the cat with one hand and the vacuum with the other. When he turned on the vacuum the cat crapped all over him. My dad and I had a good laugh.

• Haha 1