I like being topless

Square Wheels

11 minutes ago, Further said:

Not hearing any buyers remorse in this post  :hapydance:

I'm happy for ya   :) 

Yeah, he took care of that in his whiny tax thread!

But I LOVE that he actually has the top down so often.  Too many folks have convertibles and drive around with the top up. WTF?  Even hard top convertibles have trade-offs versus regular cars, so if you have to deal with a trade-off, then you had best take advantage of the awesomeness. as well

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But I LOVE that he actually has the top down so often.  Too many folks have convertibles and drive around with the top up. WTF?  Even hard top convertibles have trade-offs versus regular cars, so if you have to deal with a trade-off, then you had best take advantage of the awesomeness. as well

Whenever the roads are dry and the temps are at least in the double digits, the top goes down.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

A couple months ago we took the Miata out top down. It was in the 30s. As we crossed a highway, we saw a couple in a Miata turning the direction we were going with their top up. They honked and waved. We waved back. They followed us for a bit then slowed. We figured they were turning into the neighborhood. Before long they had caught back up to us, but their top was down! There are a couple fun turns on that road and he stayed with me. At the next stop sign I walked back to say hi. College aged kid thrilled to see another couple out in their Miata. We exchanged phone numbers to hopefully go for a drive when he is back for the summer. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I was topless in the del Sol today and noticed this gorgeous Porsche 911 behind me with the convertible top up. :( 

I was thinking it is nice to drive a POS car cause I still get to look at all the nice cars on the road and don;t have to look at mine, at least not while I am driving. :D