Saturday was a VGD

Scrapr

56 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Very good day. Started at the LCS. My favorite chair was taken but soon opened up. I switched and got my fav chair. Weather was beutiful and went for a bike ride. MUP which was fine but boring as it's flat and straight. A bit crowded as everybody was out. A couple little girls out riding on their Barbie bikes with Dad. They were all over the trail. Just having fun.It was awesome seeing them having fun. Even the homeless were out of their shelters sunning. There are warehouses along parts of the trail. One has electric fence posted as 7k watts. Don't pee on that one.I brought 2 right hand gloves from Bend (oopsie) ...so I wore one backwards. Big ring was not shifting down much...but one the one hill it did! My neighbor HS kid will tune me up next week. I'm mentally prepared for new brifters. 

Then home for a shower and  decided to look online for a new Golden Retriever. Puppy or older is fine. I visited my brother in Az last week and their puppy really helped me. Made me realize how much I missed Oden the Shedder. Saw a few sites and e mailed one. Made a run to the LBS for new gloves. The ones I had are almost done. I probably should have looked online but want to support LBS. They were $$$ so I'll probably look online for Chineseum Coronavirus ones

Then met some friends at the Greek Orthodox Crab feed. One of our contractors has been running it for 30 years. They stepped out of leading it so had lots of time to chat. It was awesome. They are such nice & fun people. Last year he spoke with WoScrapr & I about his own near death experience. It was powerful and helpful as WoScrapr was close to the end of her life. This year i thanked him for the comfort from that. My friend was over in Greece last year so we talked about that a bit. And our other friend is getting a Golden puppy soon. So I have another source to ask about a puppy for me

A much needed fun day

raining today...

What do Greek Orthodox Crabs taste like? More like Blue Crabs, or Dungenness?

• Hugs 1

I didn't realize you had lost Oden the Shedder.  :(  Sorry to hear that. 

I loved my old pharmacists Golden.  She just laid around her shop and greeted the customers (the Golden, not the pharmacist).  That was really cool - we live in a historic town and she had a small pharmacy in an old house with all kinds of antique drug store stuff around.  Sadly she sold oot to CVS and closed up shop a decade or so ago.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I didn't realize you had lost Oden the Shedder.  :(  Sorry to hear that. 

I loved my old pharmacists Golden.  She just laid around her shop and greeted the customers (the Golden, not the pharmacist).  That was really cool - we live in a historic town and she had a small pharmacy in an old house with all kinds of antique drug store stuff around.  Sadly she sold oot to CVS and closed up shop a decade or so ago.

Oden the Shedder was just fine until he wasn't. One week we are out on the trails and the next week he can't stand up. Took him to the vet right after Christmas and cancer all through him. He got some pain pills that eased some of the pain & I took him back to Bend to be with his Mama. He was always her dog. Had a vet come out to the house. We spent about an hour in the yard on a sunny day. It was a very good send off for him. He was such a good boi

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Oden the Shedder was just fine until he wasn't. One week we are out on the trails and the next week he can't stand up. Took him to the vet right after Christmas and cancer all through him. He got some pain pills that eased some of the pain & I took him back to Bend to be with his Mama. He was always her dog. Had a vet come out to the house. We spent about an hour in the yard on a sunny day. It was a very good send off for him. He was such a good boi

That was how Badge went. I still feel like an asshole for putting her down. 

4 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Very good day. ...

Then met some friends at the Greek Orthodox Crab feed. One of our contractors has been running it for 30 years. They stepped out of leading it so had lots of time to chat. It was awesome. They are such nice & fun people. Last year he spoke with WoScrapr & I about his own near death experience. It was powerful and helpful as WoScrapr was close to the end of her life. This year i thanked him for the comfort from that. My friend was over in Greece last year so we talked about that a bit. .

...I've been reading W.S. Merwin's travel essay on his visit to Mt Athos, which is pretty interesting.  I imagine myself some day going back and travelling in in southern Italy and Greece one day, now that I have plenty of time and money. But the reality is probably closer to I'll never be able to spend that much time on an airplane any more without getting handcuffed by an air marshal. :(

spacer.pngMystras_palace.JPG

13 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

You must wait til after that vacation to get a puppy

I agree. But...I really want one  <stamps feet>

If I get in line for a mid March birth then go out 8 weeks then I'm about right. I want to do a reputable breeder as Goldens have cancer run down some lines like crazy. I worry about back yard breeders not worrying about that. But if it turns out it's summer of Fall then I'm good there too. My friend has a puppy with a deposit down that was just born a week ago. So I can always run over there and get puppy kisses