How do YOU feel today?

Randomguy

We'll know more tomorrow. Solid ride yesterday and best run in a long time today! Let’s see how the legs feel tomorrow. WoW and I got some quality Miata therapy the last couple days. We decided to grab some street tacos and eat them at the local brewery. Several friends showed up while we were there. Great to see them all! Now just counting down to Friday night when vacation starts!

• Heart 3

Just now, Airehead said:

Slightly better than yesterday. My cousin said he was bringing a meal. And did so in true Italian style. Half a chicken, red skinned smashed potatoes, dressing.    Also pasta with Bolognese sauce, homemade bread, and salad. Oh yeah and pork tenderloin. I ate some dressing but feel well fed and well loved. 

:skipping:

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

So I came in from moving the wood and told my wife I was going to soak in the hot tub. She says ok, make sure you have your phone. I said I have it. I just eased myself down in the water deep enough to cover my shoulder and my phone rang. My wife said she needed to use the bedpan. :rolleyes:

That is NOT how karma is supposed to work. You’re a good guy anyway LJ.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

Been on the phone with my son a lot this afternoon.  He just ended his second serious relationship in a row due to depression/mental health issues (hers in both cases, not his) and he is heartbroken.  I feel bad for him and think I have him convinced to come home for the weekend next weekend.  It may take a  lot of doing to convince him not all women are crazy

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

It may take a  lot of doing to convince him not all women are crazy

This is true, and not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but is there a chance he's seeking this type of person out?  I was likely horribly depressed when I married my first wife.  We had a rough 10 years together.  I finally left.  I've worked really hard at getting happy, she's continued to decline.  She'll likely drink herself to death.  I probably sought her out and hoped we'd get better together.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

but is there a chance he's seeking this type of person out?

We have asked the same question ourselves.  In both cases the issues were pre-existing but when they met the issues were well 'controlled' either thru medication or therapy.  I think it is more that he is a kind, gentle person and so they can keep it buried for an extended period until well on the relationship.  In the first case she stopped her meds on a severe chemical imbalance because the two of them could deal with it, in this case, therapy was no longer 'necessary' which it obviously was.

5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

He is too young (25) to be that tainted, and he knows how good his mom and I are together and just wants what we have

He knows what anomaly means, you could explain most people don’t ever get to have that.  Tell him to just have fun and try to enjoy the enjoyable part of the crazy because that will probably be a major component of all future relationships.  This will make him better adjusted, if his expectations are low. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

He knows what anomaly means, you could explain most people don’t ever get to have that.  Tell him to just have fun and try to enjoy the enjoyable part of the crazy because that will probably be a major component of all future relationships.  This will make him better adjusted, if his expectations are low. 

Yeah..., never been my parenting style to teach my kids to strive for anything but success.

• Awesome 2

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

How do YOU feel today?

Pretty good. Got some nice sleep last night, and today had no crazy plans - just my sister visiting for a few hours.  Near perfect temps for February, and lots of options for inside or out to entertain me.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Been on the phone with my son a lot this afternoon.  He just ended his second serious relationship in a row due to depression/mental health issues (hers in both cases, not his) and he is heartbroken.  I feel bad for him and think I have him convinced to come home for the weekend next weekend.  It may take a  lot of doing to convince him not all women are crazy

Just try to convince him that some women are not crazy.  Baby steps. :)  Personally, I feel anxiety and depression are over diagnosed these days.  Many just lack coping skills. 

• Heart 3

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just try to convince him that some women are not crazy.  Baby steps. :)  Personally, I feel anxiety and depression are over diagnosed these days.  Many just lack coping skills. 

I think depends on the woman's background.  (or even guy's background)

What I do dislike is long-term use of drugs for treatment of anxiety and depression...better is counsellor who is compatible with the patient and patient feels comfortable on long term basis.  The problem is....Canada's public health care system doesn't cover counselling if not offered /covered by employer's benefit.  There are special programs for short term counselling if one qualifies by ie…. low-income.  Or if one is a university/college student which the institution offer such services (which there might be long lineup of other students...).  I did undergo intensive counselling during my 2nd year in university for several months...and am glad I did.  My situation didn't require drug therapy. That was over 38 yrs. ago.

Under situations like that, what I did long for.....was to be treated as normal in my daily relationships.  I didn't want to be viewed/treated as aberrant, different, etc.  I wanted the people who knew me best....to continue to love me just the same all along, to acknowledge the naturally good parts of me.

It is possible the women he met, was hoping that out of their relationship.  The problem, arises when a person must understand no matter how loving your partner maybe, understanding, that the person's journey to recovery:

*might be long

*means exploring safe avenues to rebuild self-confidence and strength

So Zephyr, hope your son takes time.   

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I think depends on the woman's background.  (or even guy's background)

Meh. I'll stick with my "at least 10% but as much as 35% of people are nuts" belief.  Just plain nuts. Not in all aspects of their lives (some are, though) but certainly in enough facets that you scratch your head and think WTF when hearing their unfiltered (or even filtered) recounting of their lives.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Just try to convince him that some women are not crazy.  

At one point years ago, I told my mom I was going to look for a non-crazy woman to date. She laughed and said “take it from me, you aren’t going to find any”.  My mom was a mental health professional with a PHD in psychobiology.  
She is usually right about stuff. 

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Meh. I'll stick with my "at least 10% but as much as 35% of people are nuts" belief.  Just plain nuts. Not in all aspects of their lives (some are, though) but certainly in enough facets that you scratch your head and think WTF when hearing their unfiltered (or even filtered) recounting of their lives.

I would say closer to 50% are compromised to a significant degree.  More in the big cities.  

People have problems.   They invent and cultivate them if they don’t have them, it seems. 

Sore butt muscle doesn't hurt when I walk, just when tying a shoelace or other stretching of it.

24 hr virus seems totally gone.

Ate at 9 am but not hungry for lunch, so I wonder if something's still up.

Overall, appetite seems ok. For dinner, I'm debating on carryout (Chinese Pepper Steak & Onions Combo with Pork Fried Rice), nuking a frozen Mega Meal (chicken fried beef and mashed potatoes/gravy), or an 8 oz. baked haddock filet (3/4" thick!) with nuked baby gold potatoes and green beans.

My tail bone is saying, "Nuke it all and take it easy!", my lack of lunch is saying "Chinese!", and my eat-healthy conscience is saying, "Fish and veggies!"

Right now Chinese is winning.  If so, it's fish for sure the next two days!

Okay.  A bit tired.  Very busy Scouting.  Last week I had Scouts on Monday, Tuesday, Wed for at least 3 hours per night and then spent 16 hours this weekend doing Wildernss First Aid course and I have Scouts tonight and Thursday night this week and then a back country primitive campout over the weekend.  Everything we need we hike in our backpacks.  We will purify our water and dig primitive cat hole latrines.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

14 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I would say closer to 50% are compromised to a significant degree.  More in the big cities. 

People have problems.   They invent and cultivate them if they don’t have them, it seems. 

I don't think it is a "city" thing by any stretch.  You just feel it more due to the concentration of it. 

But 50% is not outside the "wiggle room factor" I have for my high end number.  The 35% is just easy to see day in and day out, while that extra 15% takes a little more scrutiny to spot (but not much more).

21 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Okay.  A bit tired.  Very busy Scouting.  Last week I had Scouts on Monday, Tuesday, Wed for at least 3 hours per night and then spent 16 hours this weekend doing Wildernss First Aid course and I have Scouts tonight and Thursday night this week and then a back country primitive campout over the weekend.  Everything we need we hike in our backpacks.  We will purify our water and dig primitive cat hole latrines.

My step daughter and her husband are both into Scouts in a big way. Both are leaders at different levels, and it occupies a lot of their time. She is a camp fiend.Never misses a chance to go.

Just now, Rattlecan said:

My step daughter and her husband are both into Scouts in a big way. Both are leaders at different levels, and it occupies a lot of their time. She is a camp fiend.Never misses a chance to go.

I love to staff camps and be in camp, but I am not a huge hiker.  I prefer to work behind the scenes putting an event together and watching it run and I love to cook in the camp kitchen.   That said, I spend a fair amount of nights in a tent with the troop and that will greatly increase the next three years.  I expect to camp at least 9 times per year.  

• Heart 2

Today I had 12g of carbohydrates for breakfast. And for lunch I was in a little town that doesn't have a lot of quick stops for food so I grabbed a slice of pizza and it was a thicker crust than I go for. About a hour after I ate the pizza I spiked at 260. 

I don't know about you but when I spike I feel like shit.

Surprisingly well aside from work. Only 4 workdays to complete before vacation! 
I went to the gym tonight. I was cautious after some tough workouts over the weekend. I got on the trainer just planning on a moderate effort. I really wasn’t pushing hard but my pace was very close to what I did when I pushed last week!  I added 5 lbs to most weight stations and still keep my 30 reps. 
Rest day tomorrow. The brewery is having a crawfish boil and a live blues band for Fat Tuesday. 

On 2/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Longjohn said:

So I came in from moving the wood and told my wife I was going to soak in the hot tub. She says ok, make sure you have your phone. I said I have it. I just eased myself down in the water deep enough to cover my shoulder and my phone rang. My wife said she needed to use the bedpan. :rolleyes:

I so understand this. My unsolicited advice, based on experiencing hospice with my mom:  a disposable brief every now and then will give you both a few uninterrupted hours. Easy to remove and clean up. Intermittent use prevents skin irritation.

• Heart 1