Finally back to optimal weight

Dirtyhip

Congratulations, DH!  Weight loss is one thing, but maintenance of fitness is an entirely different quest.  

I've maintained my 35 pound loss, which has been lovely, but I'm still looking for the will to lose the next 10. I like caloric maintenance so much more than caloric deficit. 

• Heart 1

Congratulations, DH!  Weight loss is one thing, but maintenance of fitness is an entirely different quest.  

I've maintained my 35 pound loss, which has been lovely, but I'm still looking for the will to lose the next 10. I like caloric maintenance so much more than caloric deficit. 

That last 10 can be a real pain to get rid of.  I just need to find a way to fight off my sweet tooth.  I would love to bet to 190

^^^This

I did such a great feat with all the weight I lost, but then put about 30 lbs back on. It's still a great loss, but I'd like to get back to where I was (and more) and be able to maintain. A crazy winter season with surgeries and all kinda of crazy life events, didn't help last year.

Awesome, DH, roadsue, and king termite.

I've also put some back on over the winter, but have been able to maintain for the past few months with increased exercise.  Getting the willpower up to start pushing a calorie deficit again is proving difficult.  My general fitness and performance on the bike has been pretty good though, perhaps as good (or better) as it's ever been.

• Heart 1

Awesome, DH, roadsue, and king termite.

I've also put some back on over the winter, but have been able to maintain for the past few months with increased exercise.  Getting the willpower up to start pushing a calorie deficit again is proving difficult.  My general fitness and performance on the bike has been pretty good though, perhaps as good (or better) as it's ever been.

I don't rely on willpower anymore.  I plan every meal around the protein, add vegetables for flavor and the joy of colorful foods, and eat a small chocolate every day.  I fast through morning mealtimes if I know there's an event at night that will likely include calorie dense foods and I stopped snacking so I get at least five hours of digestive rest inbetween meals. I've developed a "one bite only" habit.  Often I don't actually want to eat the "whole enchilada" and have that big load of food in my stomach. All I really want is the flavor for a while, so I enjoy a bite and let it go at that.

My achilles heel: If there is beer or wine around, I drink it. So, I keep that stuff out of the house and have one on Friday or Saturday with mr.

I don't rely on willpower anymore.  I plan every meal around the protein, add vegetables for flavor and the joy of colorful foods, and eat a small chocolate every day.  I fast through morning mealtimes if I know there's an event at night that will likely include calorie dense foods and I stopped snacking so I get at least five hours of digestive rest inbetween meals. I've developed a "one bite only" habit.  Often I don't actually want to eat the "whole enchilada" and have that big load of food in my stomach. All I really want is the flavor for a while, so I enjoy a bite and let it go at that.

My achilles heel: If there is beer or wine around, I drink it. So, I keep that stuff out of the house and have one on Friday or Saturday with mr.

It's still willpower to stick to the plan, have only one bite, etc., and yours is admirable.  Easy to tell yourself to do the right things. much more difficult to follow through.

• Heart 1

It's still willpower to stick to the plan, have only one bite, etc.,

At this point, it's avoidance of pain.  I feel awful when I overindulge.  Brain fog, achy joints, sore tummy, bloat...  I like feeling clear, strong, and lythe.

• Heart 1

I think I've only met you when you had some alcohol. But, both times were either at a wedding or a restaurant.  You were very charming.  You have a spirit about you that is infectious.  

We have to meet again soon.

Couch

Yes!  Although the infectious part cleared up with antibiotics.

At this point, it's avoidance of pain.  I feel awful when I overindulge.  Brain fog, achy joints, sore tummy, bloat...  I like feeling clear, strong, and lythe.

Yup, it's funny now when I eat crappy food.  I feel like absolute crap when I eat poorly.  

Not that I eat extremely well, mind you.  However, that is changing now that I live in Rochester.

Couch