Tour Trivia: Day 7

Nate

I used to do the Trivia Challenge over on the old forum, and I know that the people who participated then aren't on this board, but I still think its fitting to have these threads during the Tour,

even though only a couple people have actually answered anything

....and the last thread got hijacked into a lawn mowing thread :angry:

So I'm going to make this one really easy for you:

In 1989, American Greg LeMond won his second Tour in one of the most dramatic finishes in Tour history. LeMonds 9 second margin of victory still is the closest finish ever at the Tour....

so who did Greg beat? (meaning who was that in the yellow jersey that collapsed on the cobbles of the Champs-Élysées)

here, I'll even help you googly morans get started:  http://www.google.com

Fignon

I was there

were you really?

That was the first time we got to see bike racing on TV here in the States. It was on Wide World of Sports weeks after the race was over, but still...

Back then we all followed the races in the cycling mags. After a race, the next month we'd get to find out what happened

oh, and naturally, you were right

next question...so Greg won the Tour on the last day in a time trial

so name the last rider that actually won the Tour on the last day in a ROAD STAGE

good luck googling this one! :P

Jean Robic 1947.

absolutely! I don't know who Google says did it, but the answer I was looking for was ol' Leather Head

Next Question....this one is an easy one from the modern era

What American rider has the most Tour appearances?

I don't intend to hijack this thread but since you mention it, this might be a good place to leave a not for ZackMan.

So Zack, did you get your lawn mowed?  Depending on the weather, I might have some time to get to it.

No need, I did it last night.

absolutely! I don't know who Google says did it, but the answer I was looking for was ol' Leather Head

Jan Janssen did it in 1968 according to the google.

That year they did a road stage and a TT on the final day.

naturally...George was one of the great American riders. Probably the best one day rider we ever produced

Next Question...

who has the most podium appearances in the Tour? 

Carl Spackler or that guy with the huge horns on his helmet that runs along with the riders?  I think his name was John Cocktoasten 

I really like my Honda mower.  Have owned Toros, Lawnboys, Snappers, a Jacobsen among others, but the Honda is top of the heap.  Has anyone ever ridden a Honda bicycle or used a Honda self propelled mower in the Tour?

I've got a Cub Cadet rider with a 54 in deck.  Works well for us.  I'm not sure how big ZackMan's estate is but it might work - if he let me help him. 

• Heart 1

I think he is looking for more of a weed whacking as it were.  just saying.

Ya, I have not been keeping up as well as I should on the string trimming.  WoKzoo has done a wonderful job of landscaping our yard and has strategically reduced those areas needing trimmed.

• Heart 1

Ya, I have not been keeping up as well as I should on the string trimming.  WoKzoo has done a wonderful job of landscaping our yard and has strategically reduced those areas needing trimmed.

I got tired of winding spools so I bought a head for my string trimmer that you just insert pre cut pieces of string into and replace them as needed.  I think I have some really old line that is getting brittle as it does not seem to last.  May need to buy a new spool. 

I got tired of winding spools so I bought a head for my string trimmer that you just insert pre cut pieces of string into and replace them as needed.  I think I have some really old line that is getting brittle as it does not seem to last.  May need to buy a new spool. 

If you do, make sure you get the right size.  I use a very tough triangular shaped line that lasts very well.  It still doesn't handle brushing against landscape rocks.

• Heart 1

If you do, make sure you get the right size.  I use a very tough triangular shaped line that lasts very well.  It still doesn't handle brushing against landscape rocks.

I went up one guage, is that bad?  I think from .065 to .095.  I have some three sided stuff and I think some six sided stuff.  one is orange and the other is green.

the only flaw around here is your stupid ass blowsox, everybody knows a podium finish in the Tour is the top 3 in the GC

you prolly don't even know who Pou-Pou was

anyway.. next question is

What did Jean Robic carry with him on the mountain descents that helped him win the Tour?

good luck with that one

I went up one guage, is that bad?  I think from .065 to .095.  I have some three sided stuff and I think some six sided stuff.  one is orange and the other is green.

As long as it works for you.  Those weeds need wacked.  

Aren't you the one with a bend lawnmower crank?  How'd that work out?

• Heart 1

As long as it works for you.  Those weeds need wacked.  

Aren't you the one with a bend lawnmower crank?  How'd that work out?

Plano Power Equipment did a great job of straigtening it.  I did not ask them how.  Had to replace both blades.  Total bill was around $80 out the door.  Oh, and they carry spicy ketchup.  I bought a bottle.  It is good.!

Plano Power Equipment did a great job of straigtening it.  I did not ask them how.  Had to replace both blades.  Total bill was around $80 out the door.  Oh, and they carry spicy ketchup.  I bought a bottle.  It is good.!

You buy spicy ketchup at a power equipment dealer?

• Heart 1

alright, dammit...I can see that I will have to do this myself!

the answer is ...an aluminum water bottle filled with lead

next fekking question:  How many Frenchmen can't be wrong?

Of course!  It is a known fact that power equipment mechanics are all gastronomes, is it not?

I don't know about that.  The guy that owns the place I go to is a huge biker dude.  When I go there I try to keep my mouth shut an pay quickly and get out. He scares me.

next fekking question:  How many Frenchmen can't be wrong?

That right there is a double negative in the form of a question.

Jsharr and I would appreciate it if you would take your stupid questions and go start your own thread.  We're trying to discuss lawn maintenance issues here.

• Heart 1

the only flaw around here is your stupid ass blowsox, everybody knows a podium finish in the Tour is the top 3 in the GC

you prolly don't even know who Pou-Pou was

anyway.. next question is

What did Jean Robic carry with him on the mountain descents that helped him win the Tour?

good luck with that one

now that you have started with the insults, I'm done being nice to you.

Go fuck yourself.

Kazoo, your 54" mower will work just fine. We mow about 1.5 acres. No need to weed whack. I roundup everything close so I don't have to trim.

Better living through chemicals   :)

EDIT - You would make a fine addition the The OG.  They love Monsanto over there.

• Heart 1