Work Update

petitepedal

New appliance gig is on hold...we may be replacing 90 shut off valves before we continue..several are not shutting off...building is 36 years old :whistle:

Cops won't pick up the bike left behind by the burglar..we can leave it somewhere outside and the bike recovery people will attempt to pick it up...no interest in the Name I got from the serial number and bike shop...SO...I called the bike shop..they are gonna reach out to the owner...good chance it is a stolen bike... WTF :dontknow:

Don is still hanging in there in hospice...in the mean time his daughters have emptied the apartment so they can put it on the market ASAP...However Dick (also in hospice in the building) Died last night at age 94...The family of a lady who died back in November showed up on the weekend (from Bawston)...they are hoping to get her place empty and ready to put on the market..or at least hand it over to us to get ready to sell...

3 people were out sick today...1 taking care of her son...the other two have been hanging around with @Airehead and @Dirtyhip

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

3 people out, and this is just my little hallway.  5 in "head cold" recovery, not including myself.  At least one was legit flu.

Head cold took me out for one day.  Made me want to rest for another couple of days.  

I didn't have the flu.  I had a head cold. So many call it the flu.  It's not.

7 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

New appliance gig is on hold...we may be replacing 90 shut off valves before we continue..several are not shutting off...building is 36 years old :whistle:

Cops won't pick up the bike left behind by the burglar..we can leave it somewhere outside and the bike recovery people will attempt to pick it up...no interest in the Name I got from the serial number and bike shop...SO...I called the bike shop..they are gonna reach out to the owner...good chance it is a stolen bike... WTF :dontknow:

Don is still hanging in there in hospice...in the mean time his daughters have emptied the apartment so they can put it on the market ASAP...However Dick (also in hospice in the building) Died last night at age 94...The family of a lady who died back in November showed up on the weekend (from Bawston)...they are hoping to get her place empty and ready to put on the market..or at least hand it over to us to get ready to sell...

3 people were out sick today...1 taking care of her son...the other two have been hanging around with @Airehead and @Dirtyhip

You're a trooper, petite.  Stay healthy and go home to rest, eat healthy, etc.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

his daughters have emptied the apartment so they can put it on the market ASAP...However Dick (also in hospice in the building)

...they are hoping to get her place empty and ready to put on the market.

What do places go for there?

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

3 people out, and this is just my little hallway.  5 in "head cold" recovery, not including myself.  At least one was legit flu.

Head cold took me out for one day.  Made me want to rest for another couple of days.  

I didn't have the flu.  I had a head cold. So many call it the flu.  It's not.

We are a staff of 7...the little boy was puking on Sunday...and one maintenance guy has a cold..I think...not sure he has checked to see if it is the flu...he went out on Friday. 3rd guy also maintenance is out sick..2 weeks ago one of the custodians had a cold :dontknow:

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What do places go for there?

We are a cooperative...and designed to remain affordable..each unit maintains a mortgage balance...I don't sell them...but a recent one bedroom was $90,000 down and about $800 some of that is mortgage and taxes and the rest is stuff like...my salary, maintenance, internet, phone and television , all the upgrades and repairs, Heat and AC, garbage, laundry is no pay......So you move in...and you have your monthly payment...food cost and your personal electric for the fans, lights or appliances in your apartment..

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Wow, I am tired just thinking of this.  Are Don’s daughters even sure they are in the will?

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Wow, I am tired just thinking of this.  Are Don’s daughters even sure they are in the will?

I believe one daughter is on the "certificate"..that is a marketing detail...not mine...As members you own a membership and not real property..makes it a tad easier to sell..I guess...:whistle:  As to a will :dontknow: they didn't know last week...the guy kept "disowning" one or the other every few weeks...who knows if he ever did any paperwork on it.  Just a couple weeks ago he said he was leaving the place to the guy who has been checking up on him in the building...Like he would want or need it :blink: